Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Genesis problem (help) >

Genesis problem (help)

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Genesis problem (help)

Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Genesis problem (help)

The Yukon/Genesis is actually a well thought out drop breech action (or flip open for the Genesis); Dunno about execution. Unfortunately, it arrived well after the Omega had sucked up the drop breech market, and the fad driven inline craze had moved on to break open actions.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

too bad u learned the hard way ..and used your hard earned money on TRADITION made ML. i had 2 of those and also got rid of them ,no use having a ML that you can't count on when u realy need it ..too bad REMINGTON dropped the mod. 700 ML . it was not perfect but it was a good shooter ..and better built than what they sell now ..[ Genesis ]
Old 06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Contact Traditions for a new hammer spring or other parts for that Genesis. They should have parts left for the gun as most are interchangeable with the Yukon.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

1. Clean your rifle thoroughly, especially the firing pin. I like to use Break Free as a lube. Don't use a traditional oil that will gum up in cold weather.

2. Make sure that the breach plug is installed correctly, but don't over tighten.

3. Try some different primers...be careful about the primers they sell for muzzleloaders. IMO they are not as "hot" as 209 shotshell primers (buy in the reloading section). I have had the best results with the Federal 209 shotshell primers (they are convex not flat).
Old 07-01-2009, 02:03 AM
Fork Horn

the problem is a mis aligned screw. The hole was drilled on a slight angle. Hole got stripped when I put the screw in straight. Now things aren't lined up right.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

remington won't back the warranty and neither will traditons. I was told to try and get my money back from where I bought it. I have a history of problems with remington. They have ripped me of for the last time. There is plenty of better brands out there. They are producing a lot of junk these days. Including their centerfire rifles and shotguns.

Last edited by bowfisherman; 07-11-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Did they explain why they would not back the warranty? This seems rather strange, even if the original hole was drilled straight and you stripped the threads, they should have fixed that IMO.

I own a Remington Genesis, and sure don't like hearing this. It will effect any future purchases and recommendations. Actually I really like my Genesis and it is a great shooter. This is some disturbing news.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

They just kept passing the buck. Remington said to call traditions and traditions said it was remington problem. Days of phone calls with no help. I'm going to call cabelas and see if I can get a refund. Thats what I was told to do. I don't see why cabelas would give me a refund but I'll try. I really did like the gun, it's too bad. I'm so mad, I will never buy a remington product again. I use remington shells for duck hunting and I threw them away. Spent a ton of money buying all kinds of shot sizes and shot charges of a different brand to re pattern my gun. I will never give them another penny and I will talk anyone out of buying a remington.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowfisherman
They just kept passing the buck. Remington said to call traditions and traditions said it was remington problem. Days of phone calls with no help. I'm going to call cabelas and see if I can get a refund. Thats what I was told to do. I don't see why cabelas would give me a refund but I'll try. I really did like the gun, it's too bad. I'm so mad, I will never buy a remington product again. I use remington shells for duck hunting and I threw them away. Spent a ton of money buying all kinds of shot sizes and shot charges of a different brand to re pattern my gun. I will never give them another penny and I will talk anyone out of buying a remington.
i had 2 TRADITIONS MLers both had problems ,my hunting buddy also had a TRADITION PRO problems were never solved ,we both got the "passing the buck" ps. don't blame REMINGTON the problem is TRADITION ....quality control is non exixtant ,they believe in mass junk production..
Old 07-12-2009, 04:39 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

this is just one of the reasons why i'll stick with my T/C's,KNIGHT's and H&R's....karl

Quick Reply: Genesis problem (help)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.