Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED >

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Hey you old f**t - wasn't it just a couple of months ago that you were bragging about how nice and warm it was while Dave, myself, and a few others were up to our elbows in snow and ice??
I would have got back to you sooner on this but me and the wife just got back from Niagara Falls. I would like to say that I got 'lucky' but like I just said, WE just got back. Those rails are too high and too solid.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah bronko, that's right - I did do that. Although I'm really surprised you can remember that far back at your age. We're expecting abreak from the heat in the next day or twobecause the big high pressure system that's been sitting over us and blocking theSoutherlywindsis starting to move West. The daily thunderstorms should start coming in off the Gulf of Mexico again the way they're supposed to. Thenthe temps will moderate a bit. Can't believe I'm looking forward toa nicehumid eighty-six degrees for Saturday's range session.But come NovemberI'll besitting in my deer stand in a frigid sixty degrees andI'll be ready to needle you guys again.

Glad you enjoyed the Niagara Falls. Never been there, but I do like to point my garden hose straight up andwatch the water come back down. Are them there falls something like that???
Old 06-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a little cooler here, Semi. 98 today and 99 tomorrow. aaaargh!!

Old 06-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

It just now got into themid 70s here in Tahoe. Rain, thunderstorms and wind is pretty much all we have had for several weeks. Now, its friggen hot. I start to melt if it goes over 80 and itsa commin. Found out I did not get drawn for the ML season....Now I have to hunt the general admission areas with all the wanna be city hunters. They mostly road hunt. I just cant do that. Picture this. The wife rides shotgun, the kids in the back with the LOADED rifle and dads driving.001 MPH ina 4X4 that has never seen mud,with a spit cup in one hand and a Coors in the other. F&G doesnt do a thing about it either. At least I dont have much REAL competition. I better get scouting. Our season is from 9/26 to 11/01. Yup, 37 days of hot, pre rutt hunting. Gotta love it.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah Semi, a little like that...only multiply your hose about a zillion times.
One good thing though - when I got home last night, my Renegade 54 that I won on the auction was waiting for me. A couple minor nicks and dings on the stock and some minor bluing fading on a couple spots on the sharp edges of the octagons on the barrel. But nothing that I can't fix. Bet the main thing is the bore looks perfect and the lock and triggers function good too. Time to break out them patches and 54 cal balls again.
All I need now is my 50 cal Knight that should be on its way.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

It's so hot down here in Georgia that yesterday while sitting out on the deck my iced tea boiled over.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

it's 51 degrees in the south central mountains of PA..send some heat northward..we've had only one or two days all summer above 80..it's beautful now but the snows and below freezing will start sometime in mid to late sept and then winter will begin for 6 months or more..so we each get a little of something..but it's beautiful here now.....
Old 02-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thought I'd throw this post up so you'all could remember the complaints from the summer season.

Now that its snowing in 49 of the 50 states the warm weather doesn't seem so bad.

I ran across the post as I was reseaching the best sidelock to buy. Still don't know the ins and outs of sidelocks but I thought this was a nice change of pace.

Any suggestions on a sidelock?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default myrtle beach S. C. to days snow storm

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...7/100_0067.jpg
Old 02-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thought I'd throw this post up so you'all could remember the complaints from the summer season.
Good thinking Josmund. It's especially important for guys like Bronko and Sabotloader who are so old and senile they can't remember last summer without a little help.

Quick Reply: HOT, BORED and FRUSTRATED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.