Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 new endeavor--scope ring issues >

new endeavor--scope ring issues

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new endeavor--scope ring issues

Old 06-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default new endeavor--scope ring issues

last week i got the new endeavor-yeah me-. anyways i have leupold scope rings/base for the gun. my scope is the nikon bdl(for ML). my problem (i think) is that i have medium rings. i am worried about the hammer clearance for hunting. very little room especially if i have a glove on. im more worried about letting the hammer back down. anybody else encountered this? maybee i should try another scope. i didnt think this thru when i bought the rings. i really like the feel of medium rings as opposed to the high rings. also i purchased the gun/rings when i was on vacation so im not going to exchange them easily. am i worried over nothing?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new endeavor--scope ring issues

Medium rings are fine. Doesn't the Endeavor have a Hammer extension that comes standard with it?

BTW- Your worried for nothing.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why is it when people buy something new, they refuse to look over the instruction booklet???????? This is one of he reasons this piece of junk is so costly, it has an adjustable hammer that can be adjusted to the side for just this reason, duh!!!

Sorry but you walked right into that one pal.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unlike rafsob, I like my piece of junk Endeavor. He must just have muzzleloader envy... Sorry raf, you walked right into that one...

Seriously though... When I first got my Endeavor, the guy who sold it to me gave me the medium Leupold base/rings with it. I did not like them at all. I could have easily made it work but even with the swing-hammer to the right, I still didn't like how low it was. So I went with the Warne weaver style base and the Warne high rings. I absolutely love the way it is now and would change to anything else.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Having a collected of stuff over the years I set my Endeavor up with different combinations before I ordered. I tried medium rings and found that while they can be made to work that the high works much better so I ended up with a set of high steel rings and a weaver style base. Works great, and while you can pivot the hammer to either side it works better for me with gloves on if it is coming strait back. Lee
Old 06-17-2009, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Unlike rafsob, I like my piece of junk Endeavor. He must just have muzzleloader envy... Sorry raf, you walked right into that one...
I don't think I walked into anything. I just had a bad experince with a bad product. Didn't have anything to do with reading any instructions!!!

Just like some blindly voted for BHO and now are wondering if they did the right thing, some are asking the same question about their Encores. Some people don't expect to have to play games trying to get their Encores to shoot any kind of consistant groups after paying a princely sum. After a year and a half I gave up and got rid of mine.

ML envy? I have more fun shooting my sidelocks then trying to fightwith an Encore. One man'sjunk is another man's treasure I guess!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

I don't think I walked into anything. I just had a bad experince with a bad product. Didn't have anything to do with reading any instructions!!!

Just like some blindly voted for BHO and now are wondering if they did the right thing, some are asking the same question about their Encores. Some people don't expect to have to play games trying to get their Encores to shoot any kind of consistant groups after paying a princely sum. After a year and a half I gave up and got rid of mine.

ML envy? I have more fun shooting my sidelocks then trying to fightwith an Encore. One man'sjunk is another man's treasure I guess!
I totally agree with you that the Encore's should be built a whole lot better for the price. I just think they have too many positive points to totally write off the whole line over a few issues. I was able to tighten mine up with about $15 for a Bellm kit. Other than the small issues I fixed, I like it for the most part.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate your opinion but an Encore is far from junk. Anytime you have barrels that can be interchanged you have moving/wearing parts. T/C sold so many they cant change the design now. Most people dont even care to tell you the truth.

The way for T/C to fix the ML was the Triumph. The Triumph is designed alot better, and T/C learned from the Encore to design the Triumph better. The Apex is no different. They learned from T/C'S design.

I really wish they would of made the Endeavor strictly a ML and changed the lock up. But they didn't and people now need to tweak it like every other Encore. No big deal, what's $50.00 bucks when you just spent $800.00
Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any time any one has a problem we always hear about it. Now I have a brand new Endeavor, at this point I have done noting to it but shoot it. Now I have tried a lot of bullets and I believe that it will shoot best with FPB, SW, Lehigh and FTXall of those have shot under an inch and the barrels not even broke in yet. Now I will tweak it up because I enjoy doing it, but it won't make much difference as far as hunting is concerned. the other bullets I normally use 250 gr Gold Dot and the250 gr XTP will group under 1.3 inches and most of the time its more like 1.1.
I don't like the trigger but that's easy to fix and a really good shooter could probably handle it better thanI can I like a set trigger best. I even tried some bull shop bullets in it and while it did not do any thing great it did stay under 1.6 inches with out even looking for a load, I justput90 gr BH in and shot it.
I guess I am to dense to find all these problems people are talking about. I suspect it will shoot as good or close to it as the Triumph now that's going some. Lee
Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

Any time any one has a problem we always hear about it. Now I have a brand new Endeavor, at this point I have done noting to it but shoot it. Now I have tried a lot of bullets and I believe that it will shoot best with FPB, SW, Lehigh and FTXall of those have shot under an inch and the barrels not even broke in yet. Now I will tweak it up because I enjoy doing it, but it won't make much difference as far as hunting is concerned. the other bullets I normally use 250 gr Gold Dot and the250 gr XTP will group under 1.3 inches and most of the time its more like 1.1.
I don't like the trigger but that's easy to fix and a really good shooter could probably handle it better thanI can I like a set trigger best. I even tried some bull shop bullets in it and while it did not do any thing great it did stay under 1.6 inches with out even looking for a load, I justput90 gr BH in and shot it.
I guess I am to dense to find all these problems people are talking about. I suspect it will shoot as good or close to it as the Triumph now that's going some. Lee
What was your powder charge with the FPB's? I couldn't get those things to shoot good for the life of me. [:@]

Quick Reply: new endeavor--scope ring issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.