Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision

Old 05-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Vision

The Knight Vision I ordered came yesterday looks like a really nice gun.
Now if the bullets would come that I ordered would come so I could take it out and play with it. Ordered 4 boxes of Gold Dots 2-250 gr. & 2-300 gr. They were out of the 250 gr. bullets so it might be a while.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knight Vision

stretch56

I think the vision might make an excellent ML... first thing to check is if will shoot your primers. Try to pop a few primers before you head to the range. From there if they work for you - you will have an excellent gun.

If you are going to scope it, you might need either a long eye relief scope or extended rings to get the scope far enough back.

The GM barrel is outstanding..
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just talked to knight... The tech said the gun should go out Friday and at the latest Monday... They were really friendly and were very happy to do what ever to make it right.... and now i am sure it will be...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem so far with the primers only shot it 8 or 10 times.I'm really low on bullets. It shot the Black Horn 209 good also no hang fires or mis fires.I need to get a scope on it my shooting was terrible at 50 yards I was lucky to hit thetarget at all my eyes are really bad shooting open sights.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really enjoy my Knight Vision. It does require an Omega scope in my opinion. I think the long eye relief is needed. Or you could cut the stock i guess.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Sabotloader,

Just curious - did you have trouble igniting primers with the vision?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gloomy Gus

Yes! several different ones
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sabotloader

Gloomy Gus

Yes! several different ones
Sabotloader, isn't true the only issue with primers not going off his on a few all camo sportsman guide version of the Vision? I dont think this has been a problem at all with the Visions that are marked visions on the barrel? Please correct me if i'm wrong. That's how i took it from Gordy.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

At this point I believe what you are saying is correct.... the other thing I would say it is a very simple problem to correct - i just chose to have Knight correct it since it was not my gun and it was under warranty.

There are about 3 ways i can think to fix the problem - I was wondering how Knight might do it - so I sent it in then I could check myself their preferred method...

I also should have added, it appears to be a low percentage of guns that suffer from this problem, according to the Knight tech service department...
Old 06-03-2009, 01:34 PM

Sabotloader,

Well, wouldn't you know it that I recently took delivery of a, you guessed it, camo Knight Vision, from, you guessed it, Sportsman's Guide. I have not been able to get to the range yet, and was wondering if you had any indication you had a problem gun before snapping a live primer.
I would consider just returning the rifle but as you might imagine would rather return it completely unfired.

Thanks for any advice,

Quick Reply: Knight Vision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.