Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

best for the $$$

Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Spike

Default best for the $$$

the best ml for the price i ever shot was the traditoins yukon.three bullet holes touching at 100yds..the best quality ml i shot is the t.c. triumph. same grouping.how about y"all.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: best for the $$$

Best for the price was a Walmart end of the year special 150 for a Z5 Omega, the best quality for the money was my Triumph I order a camo weathershield one and they sent a blue black so the dealer gave it to me at wholesale because I took it any way, both are one hole shooters with the right load on a clear clam day. The most I ever paid for a gun was this years Endeavor which cost me $825 for SS camo Its a beautiful piece but I am nursing the wife right now and have not been able to get out to shoot it. Lee
Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: best for the $$$

Hope your wife gets better soon Lee. Extra prayers for her. I agree with the Z5 comment. No bells and whistles but it is a great shooter. There are a lot of good deals out there if you dont mind a used ML. Due to the economy, its too bad folks have to part with their MLs but one mans loss is another mans gain.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Got a CVA Buckhorn at Walmart a few years ago for $70-odd dollars. Good deal; it shoots well, and kills the deer.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

A few years ago J.C.Penny outlet store in Atlanta was liquidating all of their guns. I bought a CVA turkey classic double barrel 12 gauge shotgun for $150. I have taken lots of small game and one deer with it. Both barrels are choked and will shoot 69 caliber un-patched round balls to the point of aim @ 50 yards.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Lee... my best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

This is a hard question. Best shooting would be a toss up. Concials.. can't beat my Whites. Sabots.. My T/C Black Diamond XR or my Remington Genesis will shoot exceptional groups. The best quality rifle I own is my White Ulta Mag .504 caliber.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

t/c TRIUMPH i would realy like to get one BUT the wife said NO u have the ENCORE and don't need 2 MLers ..end of story !!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Omega.It will shoot anything I feed it well too excellent-cons,sabots,even PRB's with the right powder charge.Can't ask for more than that.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best Muzzleloader for the money would hafto be the Knight Vision from the Sportsmans guide. $175.00 bucks for a ML rated to shoot 150grns by volume of powder.

The Triumphs from Wal-Mart were good as well.