HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   TC Triumph (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/293539-tc-triumph.html)

carpentera5 05-06-2009 08:37 AM

TC Triumph

Was looking at getting one of these but people i know who have them say they load really hard....even with powerbelts.

sabotloader 05-06-2009 08:53 AM

RE: TC Triumph

carpentera5

Well, I can not tell you much about Powerbelts or loading PB's because they would be my bullet of last resort, but I do have a new Triumph and when i first got it I could not get much to load easily at all.

After shooting it at two differennt range sessions - it now loads all of my nornal sabots just fine. I shoot the HPH-40/50 Blue, HPH-24 (.451-.452/50 cal), and even the HPH-.457-8/50 cal Orange sabots.

I did end up working the bore with JB's bore paste (100 strokes) not sure that had anything to do with it - but it sure is nice now. Very clean gun and an excellent shooter. I shoot T7 but if you are a BH shooter you would really like the Triumph.

MountainDevil54 05-06-2009 10:26 AM

check out the cva accura www.budsgunshop.com They have great prices on them for an excellent rifle. Theres a guy on monstermuleys with the .45 accura shooting 4 pellets ( 120gr total) with the 275gr powerbelt and hes getting 4 bullets to touch @ 100 yards.

Grouse45 05-06-2009 11:17 AM

The T/C Triumph is one of the best Muzzleloaders on the market IMO. It loads just fine with the right sabot bullet combination. BH209 makes the gun even easier to load and use. The speed breech is tool less and very easy to use. The Triumph is also the most realible ML for BH209 that i have used.

SteveBNy 05-06-2009 11:48 AM

Mine loadsand shoots greatwith short black or crush rib sabots.
Took a woodchuck at 143 yds this weekend with 110 gr BH209 and 250 gr Lehigh.
Several deer last year - same powder and 260 Nosler.
As far as powerbelts out of it, I wouldn't foul it that way.

check out the cva accura www.budsgunshop.com They have great prices on them for an excellent rifle. Theres a guy on monstermuleys with the .45 accura shooting 4 pellets ( 120gr total) with the 275gr powerbelt and hes getting 4 bullets to touch @ 100 yards
Once again, the thread starter was not asking about CVA's or for recomendations.
He was asking for info on TC Triumph's - the best source of which would be those who own and shoot them.

Steve

mountaineer magic 05-07-2009 05:45 AM

My Triumph is one of the best shooting inlines I have. I took a deer at 234 yards this year with it. Shockwave superglides load easy enough and are deadly accurate. When it comes to accuracy, a loose fit is the one thing you don't want. I think if you got a Triumph you would never regret it.

eands 05-07-2009 08:52 PM

i love my tc triumph. the more i shoot the easier it loads. it is the only firearm i won't get rid of!!!

Kathwacckkk 05-08-2009 08:55 AM

I have one and love it. Trigger pressure is unbelievable. I have been using the TC Shockwaves non-bonded 250 gr with the supplied sabot (not the super glides) over 2 pellets of 777with no problems. Accurancy is amazing at 100yards.

I do not think the gun loads with any great difficulty, but I I usually do a one shot and clean routine. I hunt with a clean gun, so I might as well practice the same way. The couple times I have loaded multiple shots without cleaning I did not notice anything unusual or tough loading. If you are thinking about this gun, I do not think it will disappoint.

Kathwacckkk 05-08-2009 08:57 AM

Steve please tell us more about this shot, damage, etc... I am picturing a vaporizing woodchuck and cannot resist to ask.

[quote]ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Took a woodchuck at 143 yds this weekend with 110 gr BH209 and 250 gr Lehigh.

SteveBNy 05-08-2009 09:15 AM

Lets just say he did not suffer :D- nearly headless.