Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 IMR POWDER (white hot pellets) has anyone tried these? >

IMR POWDER (white hot pellets) has anyone tried these?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

IMR POWDER (white hot pellets) has anyone tried these?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IMR POWDER (white hot pellets) has anyone tried these?

What I really liked about this powder was the fact it grouped better without cleaning the barrel between shots and the barrel wasn't fouled like t7.
That's interesting rshunter. How many shots were you able toshoot without cleaning?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by Semisane
That's interesting rshunter. How many shots were you able toshoot without cleaning?
I was doing a search for white hots and found this thread.

I got about 7 shots before doing a patch. I didn't need to, but wanted to see if it would improve the group. Even at 7 loads the 300 gr. XTP sabot still went down the barrel of my NEF very smoothely. I like this powder very much. It was very clean and I had great groups. And I had no crud ring like 777.

I have now made up my hunting loads with this powder for the NEF. It is a little expensive, but it works!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Read a post on another forum where two white hot's pellets and 240gr XTP were used with a CVA Elecktra and acheived 3/4 in groups at 100yds.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by fusion
Read a post on another forum where two white hot's pellets and 240gr XTP were used with a CVA Elecktra and acheived 3/4 in groups at 100yds.

I can believe that. I was getting three shots touching with my 300 gr. XTPs at 50 yds. I never took the gun over to the 100 yd range. i was setting it up for three inches high at 50 yds and that would put me between 50 and 100 yds. I am impressed with the pellets and will use them for hunting season.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

I bought these white hots pretty much out of the blind!!
I had just arrived home with my brand new CVA optima in the real tree thumbhole stock and my neighbor was out so i showed him my new purchase and he started telling me about these pellets.
i used pyrodex in my knight .50 cal but he told me these were great and they burned real clean.
so i went to gandermountain.com and added them to my cart and then saw the extra 20 dollar charge for shipping them! so i called all over town but nobody carries these things so i went ahead and ordered them.
the next day i thought i would check the net for some reviews (which i should have done FIRST) and im seeing a very good percentage of guys claiming MISFIRES, DELAYED FIRES, NO FIRES, OR TUMBLERS!!!
im very concerned now that i have a $48.00 box of white hots i cant return and a good chance they wont shoot for crap!!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Banned

i shot up 3 boxes without any misfires, hang fires or bullet tumbles. Very accurate, especially in my Accura with 3 pellets and a 245gr Powerbelt.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Spike

well i certainly hope i have no issues either! ill be trying them out for the first time on saturday morning to get my new cva sighted in.

but i have to say when almost 40% of the reviews ive read have been negative and probably another 20 or 25% in the "theyre just ok" category im not expecting to get rid of my pyrodex just yet.

but alas i am very hopefull!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Banned

make sure you mark your ramrod so you know if you get a crud ring or not.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Spike

I shot two boxes of these pellets. No misfires or hang fires. TC bone collector consistent 2inch groups off of front rest at 100 yards with TC Shockwave black sabots.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot them in my Accura and get sub one inch groups at 100yds. Have not experienced any hang fires(I have with BH-209). I think it is just a dirty as tripple 7 and I do swab between shots, it does leave a crud ring. I will most likely drill out my flash hole on the breechplug to use BH-209 next year, but for this year I will stick with the white hots.

Quick Reply: IMR POWDER (white hot pellets) has anyone tried these?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.