Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Zouave Makeover

Old 04-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Zouave Makeover

Thanks guys. But I mustwarn thoseof you who might be considering a refinishing project.Don't do it!!!!I'm not sure, but I thinkit may be addictive. I'm sitting here looking at the Renegade and wondering if there might be a real nice grain under that sprayed on TC factory finish. And the GP flinter's stock is a little on the dark sideand the factory really didn't do a good finish sanding job, so I wonder if . . . . .
Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

NICE JOB!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Thanks guys. But I mustwarn thoseof you who might be considering a refinishing project.Don't do it!!!!I'm not sure, but I thinkit may be addictive. I'm sitting here looking at the Renegade and wondering if there might be a real nice grain under that sprayed on TC factory finish. And the GP flinter's stock is a little on the dark sideand the factory really didn't do a good finish sanding job, so I wonder if . . . . .
This could not be more true. When I finished my 700ML stock I set up in the corner beside the dresser to dry and then looked at the dresser and said "hmm, the finish on that is a little old....." next thing you know I had that joker stipped down refinishing it... I've about got that done now and I'm looking at the kitchen table next... "dangerously addictive"might be a more accurate term.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya just had to go and do it! Now I gotta go and do mine. It makes mine look like and unmade bed.

Yours came out beautiful. I really need to strip down my stock and start over. Not sure what itwill look like. It doesn't have the grain yours has though. But anything would be an improvement over wht she looks like now.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Semi, What kind of a rear sight do you have on that beauty?