HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA Mountain Stalker Sight Recommendations (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/292082-cva-mountain-stalker-sight-recommendations.html)

Horizontal Hunter 04-16-2009 04:12 PM

CVA Mountain Stalker Sight Recommendations

I have a .50 caliber CVA Mountain Stalker that I would like to replace the factory sights on.The Rifle is good shooter but the factory sights leave a lot to be desired. Iuse the rifle for deer hunting. Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Bob

MountainDevil54 04-16-2009 04:28 PM

RE: CVA Mountain Stalker Sight Recommendations

you'll want to check out the Williams fiber optics at cabelas. I put them on this mountain stalker and love 'em.

That was at 100 yards with a 362gr custom tipped powerbelt.

cayugad 04-16-2009 04:36 PM

I picked up a set of fiber optic sights, I think the brand was Star something or other.. at Wal Mart of all places for next to nothing. I threw them on and it made all the difference in the world. I agree, that Mountain Stalker is a good shooting rifle.

Horizontal Hunter 04-17-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I will pick up a set and give them a try.

Bob

Wub 08-07-2009 06:02 AM

Mountain Stalker

Hi Folks, I'm new here...this is my first post. I just picked up a CVA Mountain Stalker on the cheap; I figured I'd just reply to this thread because it looks like a couple of you are shooting the same riffle. It didn't come with anything and I'm new at black powder. I was wondering if you could give me some advice on a shopping list for accessories, what powder and slugs to start off with (I intend to deer hunt with it), and some cleaning instructions. I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

cayugad 08-07-2009 06:14 AM

Wub welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. As for what yours will shoot... I can tell you what mine likes..

80 grains of Triple Seven 2f and a patched .530 (mine is a .54 caliber) roundball. Deadly accurate and all the gun a deer would need.

You might want to go to CVA and download a manual for the rifle. Get the manual for a Bobcat. Same rifle, different name.

Wub 08-07-2009 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cayugad (Post 3402071)
Wub welcome to the forum. Good to have you here. As for what yours will shoot... I can tell you what mine likes..

80 grains of Triple Seven 2f and a patched .530 (mine is a .54 caliber) roundball. Deadly accurate and all the gun a deer would need.

You might want to go to CVA and download a manual for the rifle. Get the manual for a Bobcat. Same rifle, different name.

Hi Cayugad, thank you for the advice. This one is a .50 caliber. CVA doesn't have a manual for the Bobcat but they have one for sidelock. That'll probably have the information I need.

Bigpapascout 07-07-2011 12:57 AM

I have one of these I bought almost 10 years ago and still haven't shot it the first time:confused0024:
I ordered it on line from Bass Pro Shops foe 70 bucks shipped.
I might try to get around to shooting it this fall:)