Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber >

Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber

Old 04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber

I had a chance to pick up a used Knight Wolverine LK-93 .50 caliber with a Stainless steel 22 inch barrel. I have seen guns in better shape, and guns a lot worse. The barrel looked good, but the trigger kind of had a LOT of creep, but when it broke it broke right now. So it was not hard to get used to.

Since the rifle had no front sight for some reason but did have bases on it, I threw on a Traditions 1x32mm scope. Also the scope had Tradition quick release mounts. After I mounted and bore sighted it, the thing appeared to be dead on, so I threw a target on a box and went outside.

Once out side I paced off what I thought was 25 yards. I loaded up 80 grains of Graf's & Sons 2f black powder, since my other Wolverine likes this load. Also since my other one likes a .44 caliber 300 grain Hornady XTP in a Harvester Crushed Rib sabot, I loaded that. I was swabbing between shots with a simple spit patch.

I had to go into the house for some caps since this uses #11 caps, and brought out my range finder. It shot twice at 28 yards.. so I figured that is where it was for distance. Also the rifle was shooting a little to the left but not enough to concern myself with at this point. After all, it was the first time out with the rifle.

Finding 28 yards not much of a challenge to the rifle, I moved the target back to 50 yards. I again used the same load and in the lower corner of this target is an image of a turkey. I took two shots at that from 50 yards.

I was pleased to say the least with the way this rifle was shooting. If it had a better trigger I think I could do a little better.

Then I discovered some chunks of 2x4 from a Easter weekend project laying around. I decided that was more fun then a turkey picture. So I set the block on top of the box and let fly. Then found the two pieces, realized it was hitting a little high from where I expected so I adjusted just a little and shot the two pieces again..

I then started to get smart and set blocks on blocks and was knocking them off each other without disturbing the one under it. Needless to say, this little Wolverine is a good shooter. It just kept laying them in there ..

So I finally called it a day and gave the gun a real good cleaning. It was filthy but who cares. It took a little while longer to clean it, but it came out a lot better then it originally looked. Now to check that trigger a little more, or perhaps send it in to Knight to be adjusted.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber

Nice shootin Dave, butwhere's the snowand it looks like it's sunny, did you move? Aren't the triggers on the LK's adjustable?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I was wondering that myself if the triggers are adjustable.

The snow is melting off. Almost all gone. So now it is wood cutting time.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

cayugad

It seems every gun you shoot turns to good as GOLD...

Nice job Dave...

From the pictures in your yard looks like the weather is going to the nice side for you...
Old 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

think, you need an accura next lol
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Nice shooting. Another good little gun to have just in case.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

It was 70 today. I should have been cutting fire wood, but my knee was sore from all the work yesterday. I brought in eight wagon loads yesterday. And this morning,a neighbor stopped over today and so he shot my morning in the you know where, and just as I was about to go to work, the mail man showed up with the rifle. So I looked at the wood pile and at the rifle....

I decided I needed a day off.So I cleaned the gun and checked it over to be safe.The bore looks real good. Besides, this gun was really cheap. There is some rust in the open breech area, and a few streaks along the side. I don't think he had the stock off the thing as the rust made lines that followed the stock.

I suspect someone tinkered with the trigger. As there is creep, and then more creep, and then BOOM!!! it goes off. Its not right, but I got used to it. The scope was from my other Wolverine LK so it fit right on the bases and it bore sighted perfect. On the range it shot perfect to me.

These little short Wolverines with that modified stock, kick like a mule. Even with 80 grains and a 300 grain XTP, the scope was coming back and hitting the bill of my cap. BUT it was not close to my eyes. Also the Traditions scope is a strange cross hair, but I kind of like it.

I wanted a stainless barrel.

Corey... I just bought another rifle last night. I need an Accura like I need a hole in the head..
Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that.

it would of fit into my next sidelock project[&o]
Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Dominant Buck

that's what the cross hairs look like on a 1x scope...
Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shooting and congrats on a good shooting gun.

Quick Reply: Knight Wolverine LK-93 Stainless .50 caliber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.