Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Vision

Old 03-29-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Knight Vision

This is my first post, but I have really enjoyed reading the messages on this forum and I have learned a great deal.

Was wondering if anyone has an opinion regarding the Knight Vision: good, bad or indifferent.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Knight Vision

Gloomy Gus

Hey! welcome to the forum it is an assume place - tons of different thoughts and information... take what might help you and leave what you do not want...

From the repaorts we are hearing lately - Knight has re-designed the breech plug to have the ability to shoot BH + no blow back residue in the breech area. The best thing about it - it will come with a GM barrel.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Gloomy Gus...

It's a Knight. It has a Green Mountain Barrel. It has a Timney trigger. And Knight has an excellent service department, reputation for quality, and willingness to help you with any problem you might have.

Like Sabotloader said, it was made to shoot BlackHorn209 if that's your game, but it will shoot any kind of powder (other then smokeless) and since it is a Knight it will be accurate. They guarantee it. Although they guarantee it with their bullets. But really, Knights shoot almost anything real good.

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, as there is always someone willing to answer. Whether we are right is another thing, but we will sure try...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the information.Had not seen much by way of reviews for the Vision (maybe that means it's a good design and there are no complaints), but this certainly helps.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3359492
Old 03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

Gloomy Gus,

Leave this forum now.........I have to tell you about the disease you get here its called........I need more......
I started like you reading and learning and now I need more ML's
5 isn't enough for me and many people here have the disease alot worse than me so leave........I have warned you.........Lol

Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 PM

Jaybez101099 - Warning understood and point well taken!Will probablynot resist the disease too well. Fortunately, mywife is understanding of the malady, although I probably would not get away with "one of every design and type".

Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the site!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Spike

Shoot it! Range report please! I just got mine last night
WOW what a smooth light and NICE trigger! Now I have to mount a scope on it. I have the scope from SO still in transit,but I am thinking about putting my Tasco 2.5-10 x 42 mill dot on it. I noticed the breech plug was flat but in the video with the gun it seemed like the plug was convex. I also noticed the blackhorn 209 was not listed for this gun. Not that I have any- just a few pounds of t7. If i get the scope on today I am going to the local range and try to run some 240 grain and loose powder to see what it will do. I will post some pics when I come back from the range.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dennvt

Shoot it! Range report please! I just got mine last night
WOW what a smooth light and NICE trigger! Now I have to mount a scope on it. I have the scope from SO still in transit,but I am thinking about putting my Tasco 2.5-10 x 42 mill dot on it. I noticed the breech plug was flat but in the video with the gun it seemed like the plug was convex. I also noticed the blackhorn 209 was not listed for this gun. Not that I have any- just a few pounds of t7. If i get the scope on today I am going to the local range and try to run some 240 grain and loose powder to see what it will do. I will post some pics when I come back from the range.
Looks like you got the redesigned breech plug... which is good for BH209.

See the link Grouse posted a few posts up for details.

And welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Knight Vision

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.