Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 It worked, and i'm ready. >

It worked, and i'm ready.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

It worked, and i'm ready.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It worked, and i'm ready.

Thanks to Sabotloader for suggesting BOILING hot water to get rid of my plastic build up. The 45 Knight Disc Elite is ready to hunt. I shot to fouling shots before leaving home and went to the range. This was my first and only three shot group at 108yds with this ML. I used 130grns of BH209, and the 200grn Lehigh Bullet. Not the normal 140grns. The group would tighten up with 140grns by volume with BH209. This is plenty good for what i'm doing.

I do want to mention my back up gun will be a Knight Vision with 130grns of BH209, and a 250grn Lehigh Bullet.
I will be leaving Friday morning and hunting first thing Saturday morning

Old 03-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: It worked, and i'm ready.

Yeah, that ought to do it.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Grouse45

thank gosh it worked - pressure is off. I would have really been in the dumps had it not worked..

That surely will do it...

Do not forget a really good camera - and get pictures of everything - but I will warn you I have set off during hunting season to get good pictures several times and remember to take pictures about the time I am ready to pack it out....

Good luck on the hunt.... actually you probably do not need a lot of good luck finding an animal - so make a good shot...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! that is some good shooting. That should put a world of hurt on Miss Piggy.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Shooting and Have a Good Hunt.
Art
Old 03-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Yeah, that ought to do it.
+1. That is good enough for a hogs. Chap
Old 03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, that's some good shooting. Looks almost identical to my what my Endeavor shot with the Barnes T-EZ, but a little looser. But you said 108 yards in your post and the pic says 118... Why not just make it 100 yards? Or is the range you shoot at set-up for that specific distance?

I do have to give you props for the targets too! That's definitely a pretty slick way to advertise for Lehigh. Did you get that done at Staples or Office Depot???
Old 03-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a question, can any one explaine why some people have plasticstick to there barrels and some not? I shoot as heavy a load as any one I know and have never had the problem yet. It and crud ring seem to borther some of us and not others. Lee
Old 03-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

lemoyne

When he asked me - I really thought it was because of the diet of 140 grain BH loads that he was shooting... Then he and Chap compared it a Savage with hot loads...

I have not had a plastic problem since the introduction of Polymere - BUT - I do not shoot those really hot loads. Another thing if you do shoot those loads - cleaning with a plastic solvent of some sort each time you shoot might be a decent idea... Hoppes is not a plastic solvent.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good question Lee. I've never noticed a plastic build up in any of my barrels. After Grouse's earlier post I double checked the bore of my .45 LRH barrel because I recently shot a lot of sabots through it with some pretty hot loads. I even tried a tight patch very wet with carburetor cleaner and got nothing out of the barrel, though I never use a brush in my ML barrels. I wonder if a brush would find some plastic?

Quick Reply: It worked, and i'm ready.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.