Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Newest Acquisition >

Newest Acquisition

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Newest Acquisition

Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Newest Acquisition

nice looking rifle dave.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking rifle. Good luck with it.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Looking ML, but how can one person shoot as many guns as you own, I got tired looking at the last photo of your collection. Hope she's a sweet shooter Dave. BP
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I really do not have all that many rifles. I am sure there are others on the board that have more rifles then me. I do have a "good selection" but I actually gave away four of them this year to relatives.. So I think I am doing real well. Then there is a .45 caliber GMB I want to get but have not decided on stainless or blue that will go right into this rifle.

I am going to guess the load.. 90 grains of Goex 2f and a moosemilk patched ball. Now we will see how close I am. I will start this out at 25 yards and then move back from there.

Also I have some sabots I want to try. I was told to try 100 grains of powder with them, so this would be a good rifle to try them in as well.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Dominant Buck

how's that a pair to draw to?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

That one on the bottom,i like that, i got to break down and get me one of them.Then your gonna see
the question's flying.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Did you say you gave them away to relatives, Uncle Dave ???
Old 03-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cayugad

Then there is a .45 caliber GMB I want to get but have not decided on stainless or blue that will go right into this rifle.

Decisons, decisions, decisions, Last I heard you were going to get both

Have to stimulate the economy !!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yoy're right dp - he did say he was going to geet both. He probably already did and he's just hiding them from us.
Dave - I got the 45 barrel for my Renegade and it shoots well. I ended up buying a complete stock from a forum member for a good price. And then ordered the 15/16" .45 cal barrel.
It seems to be a perfectly balanced piece. A bit more front heavy than the .50 cal Hawken, but not a heavy as the Renegade. It just sort of hovers around the bull.Once I get it broken in I'm gonna try some off hand shooting with it. It should do well.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Well to be honest, I have another rifle coming here soon.. and I had to shift places in the gun rack now and move the strictly barrel collection to a different rack to make room for these rifles.. I am just running out of rack space and I hate to store rifles in closets. I like to look at them, handle them, enjoy them, even if I am not firing them. I could spend all day in a gun shop just shouldering rifles... [&o] 12 step program here I come. By the way.. stainless makes me smile, so it will probably be that.

Quick Reply: Newest Acquisition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.