Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 NOT HAPPY!!!----Bad day at the range >

NOT HAPPY!!!----Bad day at the range

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NOT HAPPY!!!----Bad day at the range

Old 03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NOT HAPPY!!!----Bad day at the range

If the scope rings are very close to the adjustment turret sometimesa scope will go haywire.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. I'm calmed down a bit. Reason is setting back in in leau of my anger. I think I will get a replacement. I love the scope. Optics are the best I've seen. Thanks for the "pep-talk" hehe LOL! You guys are great! --DrAsus
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Perhaps before sending it back, you could run each adjustment back and forth to the limits of adjustment about 5 times and then try it again. I had a Bushnell act like that once, did this procedure to break it in at a decade later that scope is still serving another hunter's ML needs well.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Spaniel, thats a great idea. However, I bought the scope first part of Jan this year. Then in Feb I bought the scope mounts. Now its March before I've had a chance to go to a range and try to sight her in. Natchez is willing to refund or exchange as I called their customer service. I'm not taking any chances and am sending it bask ASAP. Natchez doesn't have to do this for 2 reasons. #1--it's past their 15 day return policy #2 They could say the warranty is from Nikon, not them. I was really pissed off earlier and let me apologize to Natchez and everyone on this board. It's not Natchez's fault that I got the 1 in 1000 or whatever bad scopes that Nikon has. Its just my bad luck. *(Seriously----I had to go through 2DLP HD Tvs before I got the 3rd one that I currently have that works!!!). You say a lot of things in anger that you could regret later.I was just mad that I bought the "best" and it broke. We'll see in a month or so when I get my replacement how the next one goes---DrAsus
Old 03-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

When you get your replacement scope check the rings you are using. I had mounted my Nikon Omega in Burris QR rings on a one piece steel mount on my Encore Pro Hunter. This replaced a Simmons Pro Diamond with Leupold QR rings. I had the same problem you had. Seems whatever adjustments I made I just couldn't get it zeroed in. I remounted the Omega with the Leupold QR rings from the Pro Diamond and that resolved the problem. I intended to use the Pro Diamond as a back-up scope and had alreadysightedit for the Encore. The Burris rings were not cheap, but as most things today, imported from China. Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: falcon

If the scope rings are very close to the adjustment turret sometimesa scope will go haywire.
+1
Lee
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

ROCK----- I have Talley 1 piece aluminum MED extended eye relief mount. I'm thinking of seeing if I can return it for the HIGH mount as the Med mount works, but I'd perfer it to be a little higher. I was back and forth between the Talleys and the Ded Nutz game reaper mounts---finally decided on the Talleys. EXCELLENT quality!!!! As a matter of fact when I rescope my Browning BAR Safarri II .270 I plan on buying Talleys for it-------DrAsus
Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

Muzzleloaders are one to throw us all a curve especially when sighting in. It is sure more time consuming than a centerfire that you can lock in a rest and just keep feeding in ammo. The muzzy has to be reloaded after each shot and it is nearly impossible to get it back in the rest each and every time. What load were you shooting? I doubt that it caused it, I'm always interested to see what people are up to in their loads. I have seceral Bushnell Banners, Tascos, and Red heads and they all hold up great. Granted yours is a lot more than mine but it should hold up like a rock. Other guys here shoot with the same scope you have and I've never heard of any troubles. You must have been hit by the muzzleloading god "dascopeisbroken" (The scope is broken) he usually appears when you get that new scope and all hell breaks loose or just before opening day when you hadn't had a chance to sight in all year.[:@]
Old 03-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Nikon has a lifetime warranty I believe. Just send it to them and they will probably send you a new one.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Colorado---I called Natchez SS where I purchased and they advised to send it back with the explanation I gave over the phone to customer service and to include whether I wanted a refund or a replacement. I sent it off the other day and I'm getting a replacement. I just have bad luck I guess---getting Nikon's 1 in a million dud!! haha I have to say I am very impressed with natchez as well as the optic quality of Nikon. They are IMPRESSIVE!! So I'll get my new one , remount and get her sighted in. I'm also thinking about getting the HIGH mount instead of the MED Talley I have. The Med mount works, but I think I'd be happer with the HIGH cocking the hammer back on my Triumph. I was shooting TC "cheap shot sabot" 240 gr with 2 777 50gr pellets. I was just gonna get it pretty close and then come back with what I actually decide to hunt with. Now that I have to wait on my scope and possibly my mounts again, I have a little more time to research what grain and brand I want to shoot. I will probably go ahead and get on what I decide and sight in with that---so I know exactly what to expect on a real hunt.--DrAsus

Quick Reply: NOT HAPPY!!!----Bad day at the range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.