Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

surgery tomorrow

Old 02-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: surgery tomorrow

Glad there were no catastrophes dusty. Now it's a matter of time and perseverance with the rehab. Seems to me that what you need right now is a big slab of walnut and a sharp penknife. Then you can start carving a new stock for that Bobcat.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I have been worried about my shoulder also...

I went to the doctor and he said there was nothing wrong with the shoulder, but I lost most the strength in the shoulder and sometimes it aches so bad I could just die. Then I get these pains and numbing down the arm to the elbow.. but the stupid doctor told me there was nothing wrong with it. Just like my knee that was fine according to him. It went out and threw my back out. I think its time to throw the doctor out...

I happen to like my tag line...

Hope you get all straightened out.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:30 AM
Spike

Dusty
Glad to see you made it through the surgery, even if it was more extensive than anticipated. Hope you heal faster than expected, but not before you get that stock carved for the Bobcat.

SJS
My wife had surgery for a herniated L4-L5, stenosis, bone spurs last Friday. The first couple of days are rough but good meds help a lot. The worst part is that she cannot lift anything over 5 pounds for the next six weeks. This housework is killing me. Pretty much put a complete halt to any fishing or shooting for me in the near future.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dustyr, glad that your surgery went ok. Take care of yourself during rehab.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I went to the doctor and he said there was nothing wrong with the shoulder, but I lost most the strength in the shoulder and sometimes it aches so bad I could just die. Then I get these pains and numbing down the arm to the elbow..
Had the same problem for years.Could hardly raise my arm.Drs. claimed that they couldn't do anything for me. One day we were working at ourdemolition areaand i got in the way of the machinery.A big pallet of ammo attached to a15,000 pound Cat forklifthit me on the shoulder.The Sri Lanken driver thought he had killed me; knocked me for 15 feet. It hurt awful for a few weeks then i found out that my shoulder problem was gone.Would not recommend this sort of 'cure" for anyone else but it worked for me.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I have been worried about my shoulder also...

I went to the doctor and he said there was nothing wrong with the shoulder, but I lost most the strength in the shoulder and sometimes it aches so bad I could just die. Then I get these pains and numbing down the arm to the elbow.. but the stupid doctor told me there was nothing wrong with it. Just like my knee that was fine according to him. It went out and threw my back out. I think its time to throw the doctor out...

I happen to like my tag line...

Hope you get all straightened out.

i used to lift weights and i am just getting back SLOWLY to do it again very lite..

i had shoulder like yours, same pain.
it would not get better for LONGTIME.

took over year for it to come around.

you have to rest it real long for it to get better.

my brother had his operated on but i cant tell what they did to it but he is fine but now they found he has broken arm from 6 months ago,you believe that.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the support guys.

Rough first night at home, but the narcotics they've got me on right now help a lot. I'm hoping I can getbywith just Ibuprofen, for the most part, by next week-I don't particularlycare forthe side effects of these things.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get well soon and take care
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dustyr

Thanks for all the support guys.

Rough first night at home, but the narcotics they've got me on right now help a lot. I'm hoping I can getbywith just Ibuprofen, for the most part, by next week-I don't particularlycare forthe side effects of these things.
Glad to here your doing OK. My surgery was Thursday at 1:05pm. They had me home by 8pm Friday, I just stayed one night. Took bone spurs off L2-3,3-4,4-5. I know what you mean by a rough first night. Fixed two herniated disks, and honed out my spinal column to fix the stenosis. I do feel better tonight (Monday). I heard they really used a hammer and chisel on the spurs.......no wonder I hurt so bad. Thank god for those narcotics!! Anyways here's to ya. I don't know about you but I've got some tree stand damage to take care of come April in Southern Illinois from this last ice storm.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

sjsfire-

Glad to hear YOUR surgery went well. Yeah, those narcotics are great and the easing of the pain goes a long way to help with recovery.

Ihave no long range hunting related plans at the moment . . . not sure when and/or how much I will be able to do. Still want to do a wood stock for the Bobcat and am considering doing a brown bluing on it as well.

I have my 1st appointment at the "House of Pain" wednesday afternoon and the post-op appointment with my surgeon next week. I have been able to cut back on the narcotics to about 1/10 of what I was taking Friday - feeling a whole lot better.

Quick Reply: surgery tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.