Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Customer Service A+++ Thank's MountainDevil54 >

CVA Customer Service A+++ Thank's MountainDevil54

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Customer Service A+++ Thank's MountainDevil54

Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA Customer Service A+++ Thank's MountainDevil54

I never was a Big fan of the Powerbelts and have'nt tried the slick-loads so I cant say either way if they'll work good or not in your ML. I have tried a-lot of Sabots in My CVA's (have 5 of them) and all of the one's I have shoot the 204gr. HP XTP Mags the best. I was getting them from Cabela's in a blister pack from TC. They are the (TC Mag ExPress Sabots XTP's) item # IK-213839 for $12.99 a 30 pack. Look at the reviews from others who have used tem from Cabela's. You can also get them in different sizes (The Hornadays XTP's) in bulk from Cabela's and save a-lot of money this way and also the sabots. Of course CVA is going to recommended their Sabots for their ML's, as it's their product, but there are a-lot more better choices out there for your ML that will shoot and preform a-lot better. Good Luck and I hope you find that perfect combination for your ML. Let us know what you decide and how it work's for you. Ron........check Cabela's for the Hornadays in Bulk (100) item # XZ-21-3189 for the 180gr to 300gr XTP's $21.99 Happy Shooting! This bullet wont let you down!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

They sent you a pre-paid shipping label?? That's a point for them over T/C.....
Old 01-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy, I better slow down on the key-board when I type my reply's, I see I forgot how to spell!!!! YES, CVA sent me a (Pre-Paid) Shipping Label (UPS) to send in My ML, Not only did they do that, but as soon as I had it shipped and my UPS information was in the UPS's system, my replacement was shipped, befor CVA even received the one I shipped! Total time (One Week) from the time I shipped my ML to them and received my replacement, you cant beat that. And I shipped it on a Thursday, so Sunday does'nt count, 6 days total.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, Ron. If I was to purchasethe bulk bullets (XZ-21-3189), do you know, or can you recommend, thesabot to match the Thompson Center XTP Mag Sabots(IK-213839)set-up in .50 cal?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not exactly sure wich sabot would be the right one as I have purchased mine in the bulk (30) pack bullets and sabots from TC. I'd give Allan a call at Harvester Sabots, tell him what bullet you are using and Im sure he can help you. Allan @ Harvester Sabots Phone # 1-800-922-6287 Does anyone else out there know what sabot to use? Again, and someone quote me if Im wrong. The Bullets (hornadays) 240gr. HP XTP Mags that I get in the TC 30 bulk pack are a (Muzzle Loading Bullet) made to preform better in ML's and they are not a (Pistol Bullet) as the one's you buy in bulk of 100 from Hornaday. Hornaday made this bullet special for the use in ML's
Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Dominant Buck

When you look at the bulk bullets look to see whether they are .44 caliber or .45 caliber. Next look at their diameter. That will tell you want sabot to purchase. If they are .430 diameter (44 caliber)and you have a tight bore then I recommend the green Harvester Crushed Rib sabots. If not tight, then the green .429-.430 Knight (MMP) work real good.

If they are .451-.452 (45 caliber) then you need the black harvester crushed rib sabots for the tight bores or the MMP black sabots for the loose bore.

If they are .457-.458 then you need the orange MMP sabots for them.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Cayugad, this is what is say's on the plastic container (Thompson Center Mag-Xpress Sabots with XTP Bullets) .50 Cal. 240gr. XTP Bullet. Does this help determine the size of the sabot? The item # from Cabela's for these are ( IK-213839 )I would also like to know if these Bullets from Hornaday are the same ones I can purchase in bulk of 100 to save some money, and also the size of sabot. Also these are the (HP XTP Mag's) and they dont say that on the container. Thank's for your time. Ron