Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Just thought I'd say "Hi" >

Just thought I'd say "Hi"

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just thought I'd say "Hi"

Old 01-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just thought I'd say "Hi"

Hi y'all!

Just thought I'd check in and say hi. Having a second kid around has pretty much consumed every free second I've had, so I haven't really been able to spend nearly as much time as I would like here. Heck I haven't even taken out any of my guns since before she was born. But, I got up for work this morning and it's -33 outside, so to say the least my truck won't start so I can't go to work. I feel real bad about that though. Anyway, mostly just wasting time, but thought I should check in.

Vince
Old 01-16-2009, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just thought I'd say "Hi"

Glad to hear from you and hope your kids are well. I didn't shoot for months after my kid was born. Now I'm just counting the months until she is big enough to wear muffs and listen reliably to commands so she can play around safely behind while I shoot...
Old 01-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Same here. my 15mth old just hated me hunting or shooting this year. Next year will be better
Old 01-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Well it is good to see you on the board. While you might miss shooting your rifles a little, its a lot better to miss that then to miss the moments of your child growing up. My Dad is a funny and wiseold devil. He traveled all over the pacific in the second world war, seen most every state in the union on vacation, etc.. and at Christmas one of the Grand kids asked him what the coolest thing was,that he ever got to see.. And he answered, watching my kids grow up.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 AM

Howdy right back at ya....
Old 01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah - the little ones are fun. And come to think of it they are a lot like muzzleloaders. Every time they 'go off' they have a bad odor and you have to clean them.
Can't wait til the weekend. We are going to have the grandkids on Sat and Sun.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:33 AM
mountaineer magic

I understand that. I have 8 little monkeys running around. Don't forget you have a Buckmaster Genesis with your name on it You better get it while the getting is good.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

my friend called last night to see if i wanted my fox shot this week in my yard.

here is what i heard,AHHHHHHHHH,STOP IT, AHHHHHHHHHHHH,OHHHHHHHHHHH,stop it,AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH.

i dont think i ever did get to answer him
Old 01-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, it finally warmed up and I had to go to work. Shucks. It did warm up to 6 degrees today though. First time since Monday morning it made it above 0. Pretty sad that I was walking around outside thinking it was really pretty nice out.

As for the kids, it's fun but real busy. A lot of people told us that once you had one, a second wasn't really thatmuch more work. I'm here to tell you they lied. Chet, I can't imagine your life with 8. And as for the Genesis, I gave up on that a couple months ago. But that's ok. I'm sure there will be others somewhere down the road.

Vince
Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey kirby,

congrets on the second kid. most of missed or forgot that post.