Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cold snap

Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: cold snap

I love Lutefisk. I have had Lutefisk and Lefse three times this winter. It has gotten really expensive. The first time it was $12.50 a pound. Was a little cheaper later. It was -41 this morning. That is cold even for ND. It is supposed to warm up by the weekend. Take care and stay warm. Bumshot
Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

We made -32'C last night (-25F). It has warmed up to -20. I'd sooner have the cold. It don't snow much at these temperatures. When it hits -10 to 0 all it does is snow a lot. Give me the cold any day.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I had my truck in for service today.4 hours in the garage and it didn't melt the snow off of the roof. Truck was so cold it didn't warm up enough to get clean.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM

Well compared to yal Northerners we are having a heat wave here. 20's at night and back in the 60's during the day. Its only 40 today, may have to drink some water to keep from dehydrating from all this heat here in Texas. Stay warm boys and keep momma close.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK OK OK I cant take it anymore what the heck is lutefisk and lesfe?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.davethefox.com/words/0112lutefisk.htm

did u catch this line "Today, more lutefisk is consumed in Wisconsin than in Norway"

Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok never heard of that before. You fellers need to start eating catfish, I kinda think they just might taste a bit better.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

its has to be cabin fever from being stuck in the house all winter long, to consume that stuff..............[:'(]
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It must be something. Nasty WHEW
Old 01-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Lutefish is cod that is left to air dry for a very long time (until it starts to rot IMO) and is heavy salted. Then to remove the salt they soak it is lye. When you purchase this fish it will stink a house up so fast it can make a Viking cry and jump ship. After soaking in water to remove the lye, you then can bake it, or cook the fish a number of ways. Any way you cook it, it is nasty with a snot like texture. Then you cover it in cream sauce or butter.

Many Scandinavian families grew up eating the stuff. It used to be very cheap because no one was crazy enough to eat it but us. So I grew up with that stuff in the house because my father was addicted to the stuff. The rest of us just kind of put up with it. We'd eat the lefsa and boiled potatoes on those nights.

Lefse is a flat potato and lardbread and actually it is pretty good stuff. Think of it like a Norwegian taco as we used to joke. We used to steam it, and then put butter and sugar on it then roll it up like a cigar and eat it. That stuff I can handle. The Lutefisk is a no no at my house. Although my father still goes to the local Lutheran church on Lutefisk night for his fix.

Quick Reply: cold snap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.