HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   How often...... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/280895-how-often.html)

BigDaddy12t 01-01-2009 05:54 PM

How often......

How often do you actually get out to the range?

mtjsw 01-01-2009 06:08 PM

RE: How often......

In the winter only 2 or 3 times, but I try to make it once a week in the warmer months.

cayugad 01-01-2009 06:20 PM

In the winter three or four times a week. In the warmer weather depending on rain, as many as six times a week. I once went 25 days and never missed a range day. Having my own is a great advantage. And sometimes I might only shoot fifteen rounds. But it the weather is willing, so am I.

Semisane 01-01-2009 06:23 PM

My range is at my hunting lease, 82 miles from my home. I have a small camp house at the lease (very small - 8 x 8 ft. ;)). I spend almost every week end there from Oct through Jan. The rest of the year I hit the range one or two week ends a month forday-long range sessions with a couple of guns. Beer or Scotchand a steak on the grill at night. It ain't a bad way to live.

The range.

My shack.

bronko22000 01-01-2009 06:26 PM

Unfortunately all of us do not have the luxury of our own range as Cayugad does.I sure wish I did.But he needs one with all the guns he has to keep up with. Personally I'm out on the range once a week with some kind of firearm. That is of course unless the weather is nasty.

tjj 01-01-2009 06:28 PM

I try to get range time every sunday, weather permitting.

sproulman 01-01-2009 07:46 PM

i dont go out in winter,only if someone wants to sight in gun.

i have my own range on my privateland in clinton county.

i dont like range at hyner,pa as too many people talking, i cant concentrate.

i shoot ,oh, about 2 times a month in summer from may to oct.

i do sight in a lot of crossbows for the disabled each year.but i do that in my basement anytime of year .

gregrn43 01-01-2009 08:03 PM

My cousin and me have fixed up a range at one of his farms. Our range is set up to 400 yards, we use old refrigators to place our targets on. Really i shoot centerfires more than muzzleloaders, a lot less to clean up. But i think I will change that this year.

sabotloader 01-01-2009 08:44 PM

BigDaddy12t

In a normal year - i will burn through 4/5 jugs of T7 pretty easily... that's why I can not afford BH-209.... or fancy dan bullets...

BigDaddy12t 01-01-2009 08:49 PM

WOW! Some of you really shoot alot. I could never afford to shoot that much, even if I did have the time.