Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Check out my X-Mas present from my wife! >

Check out my X-Mas present from my wife!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Check out my X-Mas present from my wife!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Check out my X-Mas present from my wife!

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I told her either a Summit Viper Climbing Treestand or a Remington Genesis Buckmasters Edition ML. She chose to go with the more expensive of the two for some reason. I'm glad she did....

I haven't fired it yet but I think I'm going to try it out with iron sights before I put a scope on it.

I also did a little work on my other Genesis. I didn't like how ugly and scratched up the ramrod got after very lite use, so I used my dads wire wheel and just stripped all the anodizing off of it. I think it looksa lot better now.

I had also been looking for some kind of palm-saver to use when I'm loading. My dad had a few handles laying around his shop from when he was making some paddles. He gave me one and I drilled a hole in the bottom the same size as my ramrod. It definitely helped when I was loading shot after shot the other day...

Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Check out my X-Mas present from my wife!

I really like that fluted barrel you have there... I never owned a fluted barrel. I am sure your rifle will be a good shooter. And your wife is a definite keeper too..
Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking gun. How much do they run?

That's a good idea for the Ram Rod. I shot mine for the first time today and after 15-20 shots the ram rod just looks like complete crap it's scratched so badly. My ramrod to my other muzzle loader is too but has been for a while I wasn't sure how it got that way as I bought it used. Now I see. My only thing I don't like about the Genesis is that you have to unscrew the ram rod then re screw it to make it longer every time you load it. My other muzzle loader it's one piece where you just pull it out and stick it down the barrel. Does anyone make any aftermarket 1 piece ram rods that don't scratch so easily? Other than that I love the gun and even with that I still love it.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a Super Rod - Hunter from Cain's Outdoors just make sure you get the correct length and diameter. It won't have the extension but an add-on handle would probably work just as well as that rig on the Genesis rod.

Another thing you can do is take a coarse Scotch-Brite pad and go up and down, side to side, on that shiny aluminum and make it more of a matte finish. Then, if it gets scratched, just do it again.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your new rifle.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cayugad

I really like that fluted barrel you have there... I never owned a fluted barrel. I am sure your rifle will be a good shooter. And your wife is a definite keeper too..
Yeah, she's definitely a keeper. She wouldn't tell me whether she got me the rifle or the treestand. She put the rifle in a huge box and packaged it in such a way that I wouldn't be able to tell what it was by picking up the box or shaking it. I didn't know until I opened it.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much did the Buckmasters Edition cost. Do you know where your wife got it at.
I like the looks of that better than the thumb hole stock I got
Old 12-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Does anyone make any aftermarket 1 piece ram rods that don't scratch so easily?

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

on Left side choose "Ramrods and Accessories" then Black Anodized. Excellent rod. The rugged rod is also good on that page.

I like an XS Power Rod:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0040849216230a.shtml

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS226US226&q=TC+Power+ro d

You don't need a palm saver with it since the top twists, however you can't put a Spin Jag on it, maybe ya don't need one however.
Chap
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stretch56

How much did the Buckmasters Edition cost. Do you know where your wife got it at.
I like the looks of that better than the thumb hole stock I got
She got it at OpenSeasonGear.com for $384. They were the only place I could find that still had some in stock. From what the owner told me, he stil has two of them.

http://www.openseasongear.com/Remington_Genesis_ML_SF_Buckmasters_p/89277.htm
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gleason.chapman

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

Does anyone make any aftermarket 1 piece ram rods that don't scratch so easily?

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

on Left side choose "Ramrods and Accessories" then Black Anodized. Excellent rod. The rugged rod is also good on that page.

I like an XS Power Rod:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0040849216230a.shtml

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enUS226US226&q=TC+Power+ro d

You don't need a palm saver with it since the top twists, however you can't put a Spin Jag on it, maybe ya don't need one however.
Chap
I love that rod! It's just too bad it wouldn't fit on the Genesis.

Quick Reply: Check out my X-Mas present from my wife!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.