Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Dang I love that movie!!! >

Dang I love that movie!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dang I love that movie!!!

Old 12-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dang I love that movie!!!

HuntAway

I know - I know - i love watching that movie... I even showed it in my American HistoryClasses - even when I switched to Idaho History - it was easy to find a place in the curriculum to show that movie. I think a majority of the 8th grade students even like it. My principal would allow me to bring into the school examples of a Hawkin, Renegade, and Trade Rifle. The kids would break them down put them back together - even load them with a PRB and black corn pepper for the powder. Then I would have them put a piece of leather on the nipple and pull the trigger... both the regular trigger and the set trigger. Then with a CO2 cartridge we would blow the ball out into a blanket on the wall... They had a great time... The school janitor really did not like the corn pepper on the floor though.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Spike

I would also have to agree both great movies. If I had to choose one over the otherit would have to be "Mountain Men" with Charletan Heston and Brian Keith. I can't think of seeing much of Brian Kieth after that movie. I know he was in many Disney productions years ago.

I can't remember any one liners from "Mountain Men" but several still stick in my head from "Jeremiah Johnson" starring Will Geer & Robert Redford.

One is from the movie when Robert Redford's character "Jeremiah Johnson"reads a note he finds on another Mountain man hefind's frozen to death in the Mountains:"I Hachet Jack do hearby bequeth my .54 caliber Hawken to whoever or whatever finds me. Lord hopeth it be a white man. It's a good gun, it kilt the bar (bear) that kelt me".

Another line is when Will Geer say's to Jeremiah "Oh Pilgrim.... are you sure you know how to skin Griz? Jeremiah thenanwers himwitha certain uncertaintyin his voice saying " Why sure.... I canskin most anything". What happens next in the filmis halarious.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't seen it for awhile but lots of scene from Jeremiah Johnson easily come to mind. The humor in that movie wasgood as well - especially the guy with only his head sticking out of the ground.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Haven't seen it for awhile but lots of scene from Jeremiah Johnson easily come to mind. The humor in that movie wasgood as well - especially the guy with only his head sticking out of the ground.
Injuns put you here?

Twernt no Mormons!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great movie oneof my favorites
Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

How bout "Last of The Mohicans" with loading a flintlock while running.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rock Fish

How bout "Last of The Mohicans" with loading a flintlock while running.
My must have list has grown from Jeremiah Johnson (Elk don't know how many legs a horse has!)and Mountain Men to include The Last of the Mohicans (Best scene when he shoots his comrade to prevent him a horrible death ) and The Patriot (Aim small, Miss small).

Is there no end to this madness?[][&o]
Old 12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Spike

I forgot about that scene in "Jeremiah Johnson" where the Mountain Man of French decent (if memory serves me correct) was burried up to his head by the Indians with feathers under his nose!

"I have a fine horse under me" I think he went on to say.

I can't recall exactly whatanswer he gaveJeremiah when asked why he shaved all his hair off?
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

It made his scalp worthless so it would stay on his head longer.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: fastflight1
I can't recall exactly whatanswer he gaveJeremiah when asked why he shaved all his hair off?
Same reason i do,

Bald is beautiful

Quick Reply: Dang I love that movie!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.