Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy? >

New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy?

Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy?

Here are the choices I have narrowed it down to

TC omega
TC Triumph
Rem Genesis.

I am open to others to research, I just like simplicity of cleaning and I want an Accurate gun.

What load/powder/bullet/primer combo for the gun you recommend?

I assume of course that the one you recommend is what you currently own.

I am using Shockey's gold right now, but I seem to be sensing variation in load velocity/energy, even though I am throwing same powder volume consistently.

Let me know what you are using please, and what you like, dislike about it.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy?

I haven't used mine yet, but from what I've read the Remington Genesis is a great ML. Easy to clean and very accurate. It's also very conservatively priced right now if you know where to look.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

All of them are good rifles. Any of them should do fine. Are you going to scope the rifle and shoot extreme distances?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

I would like a gun that can reach out to 100 yards, maybe a bit more. Definitely ascoped rifle.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I just pulled the trigger on a Remington Genesis (my wife is going to kill me). A $100 muzzleloaderdeal is awfuly hard to passup (check out Cabelas.com)
Old 12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO-KS_hunter

I just pulled the trigger on a Remington Genesis (my wife is going to kill me). A $100 muzzleloaderdeal is awfuly hard to passup (check out Cabelas.com)
Yep that deal is just too good to pass up if you are looking for a muzzle loader. Heck for many that aren't looking it's still too good to pass up.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, my buddy and 3 of his buddies just pulled the trigger on the same deal. Hopefully Cabelas can fill the demand for that rifle.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

Yup, my buddy and 3 of his buddies just pulled the trigger on the same deal. Hopefully Cabelas can fill the demand for that rifle.
If you notice on Cabela's website, they say they are sold out on the T/C Omega Z5 soooo, I would hope they would do the same thing with the Genesis as well. I also bought the pine-ridge 2.5 - 7 power scope for $10 (on a seperate order with a $10 coupon)! So for under $150 (rifle, scope andscope rings), I'll have a decent muzzleloader setup, what a good way to start out in the Muzzleloading game I'm already feeling in the holiday spirit. Ho Ho Ho!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you notice on Cabela's website, they say they are sold out on the T/C Omega Z5 soooo, I would hope they would do the same thing with the Genesis as well. I also bought the pine-ridge 2.5 - 7 power scope for $10 (on a seperate order with a $10 coupon)! So for under $150 (rifle, scope andscope rings), I'll have a decent muzzleloader setup, what a good way to start out in the Muzzleloading game I'm already feeling in the holiday spirit. Ho Ho Ho!!!
So are you going to get the rifle dialed in before the season closes? You should get it shortly after the 15th of this month.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

So are you going to get the rifle dialed in before the season closes? You should get it shortly after the 15th of this month.
Well, it's backordered 5 to 6 weeks so I doubt it. Besides, between the holiday's and my Master's thesis, I don't have any more time to hunt this year. This spring I'll be getting a truck and a climbing treestand and by the time spring turkey season rolls around, IT'S ON!!!!!!

Quick Reply: New Muzzleloader next year, What to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.