Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Pro Hunter triggers >

Pro Hunter triggers

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter triggers

Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 PM

Default Pro Hunter triggers

I went with a friend today so he could purchase a Pro Hunter. We took along digital trigger gauge. We looked at 11 Pro Hunters and one one had a trigger pull under 8 pounds. some were in double digits. We came back to another friend who has the PH and he said his trigger was around 4-5 pounds. It was 7.6 pounds. His has been shot a lot. My friend just went and bought a Knight Master Hunter used but like new instead of the PH. Trigger was right at 4 pounds. Is that typical of PH triggers? My self I looked at the PH when I bought my Omega but since I have way to may rifles I saw no need to pay that hi dollar for a ML only use weapon.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
FG

Default RE: Pro Hunter triggers

In the past, it was common to see posts asking about trigger adjustments for their encores.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Spike

Pro hunter triggers are easy to lighten up. There is a coil spring. I just pushed down on the spring with a screw driver to stretch it until it was the weight I wanted. Both my Endeavor and encore prohunter 257 Ackley are 2 1/4 pounds.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:20 PM

When I purchased my Encore I right away didnt like its trigger pull. I soon sent it out for some reworking. It was right at 7.5 pounds and after the reworked trigger job it was down to 2.25 pounds. For me that was perfect. No creep, no looseness or hard pulling. Best upgrade you can do to your gun with a hard trigger pull.

All guns seem like they vary. Creep on a lot of guns is terrible.

I am not sure about the Pro Hunters but the one I have shot was very similar to my original Encore trigger.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 PM

NOTE-

I would like to say that bending, twisting or stretching ANY components inside the trigger or receiver assembly is NOT a good idea. You could very easily weaken it and it could soon fail with who knows what results. DON'T DO IT!!!

Do a search on the internet... Mike Bellm does great trigger jobs and if you want to do your own he even has all the instructions online to do it the RIGHT WAY and will sell all the parts for you to do your own.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Accura!!