Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy? >

If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy?

I have been looking at a lot of different ML's lately. Just browsing. I already have a Remington Genesis and might be getting another one for X-Mas if I'm lucky. I was just wondering what in-line ML you would purchase if money wasn't a factor. There seem to be a lot of pretty expensive ones.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 AM
FG

Default RE: If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy?

SS/Camo Thumbhole CVA Accura.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Omega and really like it, but I also really like the Triumph, which I'm getting as soon as my friends distributor gets them in stock
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Well if money was not a factor... there are some excellent custom inline muzzleloaders out there like the Bad Bull and some of the other custom ones.. There are Savage Smokeless, and of course the top of the line rifles in Knight, Thompson Center, CVA, Traditions, etc.. For instance on another forum there is a Knight LRH Disc Elite with a scope and the whole works, he's selling for I think it was $600.00. With the way that rifle and scope is set up, its worth a lot more then that.

But I really do not know about inlines. I have little desire for another one. If it had to be one it would probably be a decked out Pro Hunter. But instead,I'd put the money towards a .62 caliber custom Flintlock in the Cumberland or Early Lancaster style with a 42 inch barrel and a Chambers lock on it.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Accura in ss and whichever stock you like.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of these in .45

http://www.prbullet.com/700.htm

2nd choice would be a White M97L

But as cayugad said, I'm probably not much help because I'd must rather spend my money on a custom flinter.
Boone & Crockett

I'm with Cayugad. I have only one in-line and, other than an Omega X7 for a "walk around" gun, I have no real desire for another in-line. Now, a custom.58 flintlock in theSouthern rifle style with a swamped barrel would sure be sweet.
Nontypical Buck

Savage smokeless
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Custom build on a Remington 700 short action using a primer carrier (like the ACP conversion). Centerfire twist .45 barrel to shoot .338 Nosler Accubonds or .358 barrel to shoot .308 Accubonds in custom sabots. Try smokeless and 777 for kicks.

Just to see what it would be like. In terms of things that behave more likea BP gun, I have no need to upgrade my Omega other than put a better tactical scope on it.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 AM

I only have 1 inline... my Encore. I sold and traded off all my others. I am a Traditional Gun shooter mainly now but still use my Encore for hunting and shooting at the range now and then.

BUT if money was no object... probably a custom like this one- http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/...zzleloader.htm

Quick Reply: If money wasn't a factor, which in-line would you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.