Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Time to unload.. clean them rifles >

Time to unload.. clean them rifles

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Time to unload.. clean them rifles

Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Time to unload.. clean them rifles

i feel your pain cayugad. I hunted hard this year and between archery and gun season I've only seen 4 deer, the wounded one i shot and just running glimspes of others. what we need to do is start going to the dnr meetings and voicing our opinions. I do it but i need others to help. They want to hire sharp shooters to thin the deer herd in milwaukee which will cost tax payers buku bucks. I said they could open it up for archery only and make hunters do a drawing for tags. They just smiled and went on with their busines
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I have gone to the DNR meetings and they are a waste of time. We voice our opinions and the DNR does what they want. Sure they stand there and act like they are interested. Then suddenly they announce that after meeting, the opinion is.. and low and behold its the same garbage they were trying to sell us as the meeting that we did not want.

Just like when they were trying to tell us the wolves just wandered into Northern Wisconsin from Minnesota. There were people that watched the DNR UNLOAD wolves. Of course maybe they hitchhiked..
Old 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

If we get enough hunters to go they will listen If we boycot licenes they will not get enough money and all be out of a job.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just like when they were trying to tell us the wolves just wandered into Northern Wisconsin from Minnesota.
Same thing happened in OK with cougars.Acouple of years ago aman herehad his horse torn up so badly by a cougar that the animal had to be put down. He called the OK DWC and they toldhim that those cougars have animplanted tracking chip and they would prosecute him if he killed the animal. There was other similar cases.

Finally the legislature got involved and now we can kill cougars that are a threat to humans or livestock. We are supposed to call the game warden if we do kill one for that reason. Was walking downgully onone of our places and just had this awful feeling that something was watching me. On the bank 25-35 feet away sat a big male cougar staring at me like i was a meal.If a cougar gets that close to a human he is notintending todo good deeds.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

bears and wolves do not scare me too much. 99% of the time they run off. But cougars scare the devil out of me. They have one that was caught on a trail camera south of Superior WI so there are some in the area. The DNR has been in denial for years on that issue.

Also I SWEAR I saw one cross the road in front of me one day. We were about five miles back in the forest from my house. My brother and I were out in the truck and a light brown, almost gray looking thing, much bigger then any cat we ever saw crossed the road in front of us, and even looked at us when it crossed. And it had a tail about three feet long it appeared. Very sleek looking, very fast. We both looked at each other and at the same time said.. mountain lion!!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now we all know there are no mountain lions east of the mississippi right!!.
There mustn't be - the game commissions tell us so. The hundreds of outdoor people that see them are mistaken. What a bunch of BS. I' would bet any amount of money that at least 85 out of 100 of us in this forum can easily tell the difference between a house cat, bobcat or cougar.
Even here in PA (the next county over from me) a guy took pictures of tracks with a shotshell alongside for comparison and the PGC still denies it. (take a look at the northeast regional post on this).
Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last month here in Louisiana, the Wildlife & Fisheries Commission finally acknowledged the presence of Cougars in the state after two years of denying their presence even in the face of numeroussighting reports by hunters and a number of trail camera pictures. The Commission investigated two reports and found hair and feces in both locationswhich were confirmed by DNA tests.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Spike

I generally unload my inlines daily if it has been raining much at all. T7 likes to asorb water and turn to pudding. BP I think is slightly more forgiving in my experience.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Posted on another fourm I belong to on 11-20-08.
What evil lurks in the North Woods of WI .

Never go into the woods alone---or unarmed-----in Wisconsin

[/align]

[/align]This mountain lion was hit by a car between -Eagle - River -and
Woodruff, Wi.
Dept. of Natural Resources had to come and put him down.
He charged the DNR warden in the process. Look at those PAWs!

[/align]

[/align][/align]

[/align]So how do they (DNR) explain this.

[/align]

[/align] Al

[/align]
Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

How about this one shot in Pelican Lake Wi.

Here is a photo of a cougar killed inPelican Lk. Wi.
[/align]

The guy who shot it is 6 foot tall and weighs about 220 lbs.
[/align][/align]

He was in a deer stand near the Consolidated and B.
[/align][/align]

Didnt have far todrag the prick. He then saw it pass him upwind.
[/align][/align]

and then down wind. When the cat passed him again (closer this time) downwind,
[/align][/align]

he knew that it was hunting him,so -boom.
After viewing this, do you still feel safe in the woods? Nowayespecially where

[/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Time to unload.. clean them rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.