Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Price on used white mountain carbine >

Price on used white mountain carbine

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Price on used white mountain carbine

Old 01-03-2002, 06:41 PM

Default Price on used white mountain carbine

I would like to get into muzzelloading and have already picted out the gun i want. they dont make it any more, but its a TC white mountain carbine. I found two at a gun shot near me...i dont know what they should go for used...they are asking 325$. the metal is good, and the stock has a few nicks in it...i would say its aobut 93.34% new. its also 50cal. If anyone would like to throw out a price or comment about the gun ide liek to hear it, thanks
Bob
Old 01-03-2002, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Price on used white mountain carbine

Sounds pretty pricey to me. Especially since the gun brand new only ran about $175. I have one which I bought about 7 years ago. I now have a TC Encore so I don't use the White Mountain anymore. For $325 you can buy a pretty nice in-line.

. . . Rob
Old 01-03-2002, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Price on used white mountain carbine

For that kind of money it should come with powder and bullets and caps for about a hundrend shots, plus a case and all the extras needed for your possibles bag.......nipple pick, capper-decapper, ball starter, flask, powder measure, coon skin cap, boots, a filled cooler, and last but not least, 5 pounds of ground venison. And even then it should be delivered with a coupon for one free cleaning.
I think you can do better. Get a copy of Shotgun News or Gun List and check those prices.