HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight Disc Extreme (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/274642-knight-disc-extreme.html)

SuperKirby 11-20-2008 05:43 PM

Knight Disc Extreme

There's a chance I may end up with one of these in SS/T-hole. Just wondering what everyone thought of them? How do they shoot? How are they to clean? etc. Thanks for your help.

Vince

cayugad 11-20-2008 05:48 PM

RE: Knight Disc Extreme

They are a great rifle. I sometimes wish I had not sold mine. Easy to clean, very accurate, and well made. And Knight has a great customer service.

Redpep 11-20-2008 07:34 PM

I can't belive you sold a gun

cayugad 11-20-2008 07:45 PM

Actually I traded it for a different rifle that I wanted more.

corey012778 11-20-2008 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: cayugad

They are a great rifle. I sometimes wish I had not sold mine. Easy to clean, very accurate, and well made. And Knight has a great customer service.
I love the one I have, there is a chance I have the rifle cayugad had.

first day on the range with it. I placed 2 shots side by side at 100yrds.

sabotloader 11-20-2008 08:06 PM

SuperKirby

I have one and it is a super good shooter - in fact it shoots better than I can shoot...

cayugad 11-20-2008 08:07 PM

That's very possible as I traded it to Lungbuster who then offered one as a prize. Mine had that fancy special stainless barrel and it would stack shockwaves all day long into a tiny hole. Kind of a boring rifle. So I traded it for a White M97 .451.

SuperKirby 11-21-2008 05:22 AM

Well, that all sounds very promising. Like I said, I've just been looking at this one, but I might have to pursue it a little more. I was mostly concerned that the bolt action/breech arealooked like it could be very difficult to disassemble and clean. Also, I remember not too long ago, there was a thread on here about issues with the way the Omega t-hole stocks were bedded and the stock not being sturdy enough or something like that. Does anyone know if Knight t-hole stocks are the same way. I know it shoulders real nice and feels pretty solid, but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot.

Vince

sabotloader 11-21-2008 08:38 AM

SuperKirby

I was mostly concerned that the bolt action/breech arealooked like it could be very difficult to disassemble and clean.
If it is a newer one pull a pin on the side and the bolt falls out, gotta pull the same oin to get the BP out also. Turn the thumb safty all the way in - turn the bolt asseembly out to clean the internals...

Also, I remember not too long ago, there was a thread on here about issues with the way the Omega t-hole stocks were bedded and the stock not being sturdy enough or something like that. Does anyone know if Knight t-hole stocks are the same way.
Completely different stock company and I have both the regular composit and T-Hole composit- they are a heavy composit, sturdy and well made... not a problem here anyway. My Omega composits are lighter an more flexible, but really both are easy fixes...

Redpep 11-21-2008 04:43 PM

I understand why you traded it now