Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures) >

Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures)

Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures)

Well, my lady shot a deer with her TriumphML using the new Barnes TEZ bullet. The load was 100 grains 777 pellets, harvester crushed rib black sabot, 50 cal, 250 grain Barnes TEZ bullet. The deer was 20 yards away when she shot and it looked like someone poured the blood trail out of a jug the whole way. I did not recover the bullet as it was a pass thru but the enrty and exit wounds were good size with lots of blood. It was dark by the time I got to her to trail the deer through the thickest stuff on the farm, so it was nice having a good trail to follow. It was shot in the liver and went about 80 yards before it ran out of blood.I will take some pictures today and post them later. It looks like the bullet expanded and shredded everything in its path.

Last year I shot a buck at close range through the lungswith a powerbelt and I had pencil size entry and exit wounds and no blood for the first 50 yards. That is scary when you have no idea where the deer ran because of all the smoke created during the shot.These Barnes bullets are a great improvement and should help anyone recover a deer.

Below is the entry hole.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail

Congratulations to your lady.. those Barnes are a good bullet without argument. Anyone that shoots them always brags of how they hit, expand and just make a nasty wound. I've seen deer take a liver hit and go a lot further then 80 yards, so she did well with making the wound channel she did. A little more forward and she'd of probably planted the thing right there.. Again, congratulations.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Love those barnes, a little costly, but so is an animal you can't find.

Congrats to your first lady !!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

They cost about as much as the newer shockwaves or Powerbelts. Here is the exit hole.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
FG

Default RE: Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures)

those are some big holes. Im surprised though that it had gone 80yards with 2 holes like that.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Spike

Its sound to me
Old 03-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your better half. Thats the kind of entrance and exit holes that allows you to be a little off on your accuracy and still recover what you shot.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

The terminal performance of the Barnes TEZ bullets look very similar to the Barnes MZ.

Exit hole.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used them for the first time this year, and had the same great results

Quick Reply: Barnes TEZ Bullet leaves awesome blood trail (Updated With Pictures)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.