Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED >

Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Old 11-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

batchief909

He did! I remember it distinctly.... and wondering what-the-hey! + providing the same d---- excuse back to UC that issued to Sax
Old 11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

I guess we can still give him the benefit of the doubt for the MOMENT since he returned the rifle.

So, ISP, Saxman has offered you a carrot. You need to contact him with a plan on paying the money somehow, sometime. Even $10/week etc would be a start in the right direction.

Barring that, there is also a "stick". I checked with the Mail Fraud department at the U S post office, and she seemed to think that as it stands, this would definately be considered mail fraud. And ANYONE involved (anyone who sent him a check) could file a complaint. If a complaint is filed with the post office, they forward the info to the local cops for review as well as investigate it for mail fraud. Time to man up ISP. What is is going to be?

Well I sent cash so?? I don't give a damn about the $20 except for the fact the guy it was meant for didn't get it. I'm kinda undecided about this all yet, is he a crook? or just on hard times? Who knows. I hope he makes it right but at this point I have my doubts. At least Saxman got his Kodiak back.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suspect that he is probably continuing to monitor threads like this. I guess if I had sent in money, I would give it a couple of more weeks to see if he will contact Saxman and make arrangements.

If not, I would file a complaint. The website she directed me to as a first step for a complaint was:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Makes me wonder why he had the checks written out in his wife's name and not his ?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry this happened to you Saxman, but being in LE for over 15 yrs,I havedealt with bottom feeders likethis dirtbag. I have sat here and readall the post onthis thread and you can bet he has too. You can problably count this money gone. I would get with the Postal inpectors office, criminal division and file an officalcomplaint. This guy committed postal fraud and shouldtake responsibility for his actions. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law! But being the low life scum that he must be after pulling a scam on an innocent guy downon his luck, he won't!

Saxman1 I have a sceptical mind after dealing with low lifes for so long. I am glad that you got on thewire and let everyone know your situation on this matter. I have been deallingwith you for a shortwhile, but you strike me as a good guy. As if you didn't have enough on your plate, now this pops up and muddies your water. Hangin there pal and stay strong.

If there is anything I can do to help,please PM me.

Your friend,
Larry (rafsob)
Old 11-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can someone post the link to file a complaint with the post office? Has anyone already followed through with that course?

I sent him a bank check, two as a matter of fact. Does that constitute mail fraud or does it have to be a postal money order?

Thanks

Tom
Old 11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/fo...Complaint.aspx

any sort of payment - cash, check, money order. And tell them there were mulitiple victims.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

statjunk

Please go for it...

I would like to follow up but I just do not have time right now.... I need to see if I canfind the carbon for my check made out to his wife...
Old 11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
FG

everyone who sent payment of some sort needs to file a complaint.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

I just read this post and man it pisses me off! If i lived closer to him i would find him and kick his ass. This isthe reason why i usually do not give money to raffles. You never know where the money is going or if there was even a prize to be won in the 1st place. In the beginning i felt good about sending the money to help out someone in need. Now i feel like a chump for being taken.
Though Saxman felt the blunt of the raffle fraud we all got ripped off.
Sorry it happened to you saxman, it just plain sucks. Hang in there.

Quick Reply: Raffle for saxman / RIFLE DELIVERED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.