Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Prayer Request / Update 12/10 >

Prayer Request / Update 12/10

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Prayer Request / Update 12/10

Old 11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Prayer Request

Thoughts and prayers sent to you and yours!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sax - I guess one cannot know what you are feeling unless they've actually gone through such a crisis. It appears God is answering our prayers and your daughter is recovering. It will more than likely be a slow process but from what you are updating - the prognosis appears promising. I guess she isn't out of the wood yet but improving. Thank God.
As for the boy - God does say to turn the other cheek. And at this point, if I were you, I would focus all my love and attention towards your daughter as I am sure you are. Let the law deal with the boy's fate.
My prayers will continue for you my friend.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Saxman, for whatever it's worth, 4 years ago this Dec. my sister-in-law slid off the road into a tree going about 60. She went into a coma and then a medically induced coma for 4 days. When she first started to come out of it, she had almost no use of her left side (I think it was her left side). We were all told she would probably spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair, and possibly never see or talk. Well, it took a few months and a lot of prayers, but for all intents and purposesshe's fine. She can'tsee muchout of her left eye or hear out ofher left ear (the left side of her head took most of the impact.)

Anyway, I know your situation is somewhatdifferent, but there also sounds like there's some similarities and I thought it might help.We'll keepyour family in our prayers.

Vince
Old 11-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SuperKirby

Hey Saxman, for whatever it's worth, 4 years ago this Dec. my sister-in-law slid off the road into a tree going about 60. She went into a coma and then a medically induced coma for 4 days. When she first started to come out of it, she had almost no use of her left side (I think it was her left side). We were all told she would probably spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair, and possibly never see or talk. Well, it took a few months and a lot of prayers, but for all intents and purposesshe's fine. She can'tsee muchout of her left eye or hear out ofher left ear (the left side of her head took most of the impact.)

Anyway, I know your situation is somewhatdifferent, but there also sounds like there's some similarities and I thought it might help.We'll keepyour family in our prayers.

Vince
Thanks superkirby
Every little bit helps
They have been waking her every 2 hours today and she has responded each time.

We have a long way to go
Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

scott, sorry to hear about this. be thinking of you and your family.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Just read this post. I'm glad to hear she is responsive. When it rains it pours but always remember that the Lord will not put more on you than you can handle. Your family is in my prayers.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Prayer Request / Update 11/04

Kelly is going now for MRI #2
The brain swelling has not increased through the night and maybe has come down some.Karen said she doesn't even look like Kelly with all the swelling.
They continued to wake her every two hours through the day and evening yesterday and she responded each time.
She was allowed to sleep through the night.
The base chaplin came by again as did her sargent from the 82nd.
I think this is good improvement.

I got the call I didn't want to get last night.Her boyfriend is in Iraq,Special Forces and he couldn't reach her so he called me and I told him the news.
He's a fine young man and i don't believe he will behave as I have when he gets to Brag but I told him that as far as I know she was not forced into the car and this must be considered.No one deserved this but young people need to think about what they are doing and who they are hanging with.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.
It helps more than you know.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Prayer Request / Update 11/04

Hang in there man we are all here for ya and your whole family is in our prayers.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Prayer Request / Update 11/05

Kelly had another good day with the schedule of waking,they do it every 1.5 hours now and will let her sleep through the night.
She has a new neck brace,one that fit's better,for the next 12 weeks she will wear this one.
She will be on the ventalator for another 7 days then she will be moved to a new type of bed that encourages her to breath on her own.

My wife sent me a picture of her and it just kills me to see her like this.
But in my heart I know she will live and I hope she is functional.
Her Airborn days are over.

Here is a link to the picture.
Didn't want to direct post and offend anyone

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n12/saxman_1/Kelly-1.jpg

If you have young people,let then see this,If it saves someone then it is worth it.

Thanks again everyone
Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Prayer Request / Update 11/05

SAX

Thanks for the update... hang in there - we are all hoping for the best....

Quick Reply: Prayer Request / Update 12/10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.