Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Old School Muzzleloaders >

Old School Muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Old School Muzzleloaders

Old 11-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Old School Muzzleloaders

My current front stuffer is a 50 cal GPR I built last winter... It's a cap lock gun. Prior to that I've hunted every year with my T/C White Mountain Carbine and T/C Hawken.

Cap locks bore me... Inlines turn my stomach LOL (no offense to all you inline guys...)

Soon as I make my decision within the next few days and make the call I should have one of these two parts kits in hand in 4 - 6 weeks... Darned swamped barrel option anyhow Just have to decide on the bells and whistles and hardware modifications to make in order to make it how I want...

http://www.longrifles-pr.com/prerevkentucky.shtml

http://www.longrifles-pr.com/averner.shtml

BTW, a good Siler, L&R and or Chambers lock will more or less have a water resistant frizzen and pan... And they are like greased lightning compared to Lyman and T/C etc locks...