Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Blackhorn Fever - I Think I'm Cured >

Blackhorn Fever - I Think I'm Cured

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Blackhorn Fever - I Think I'm Cured

Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blackhorn Fever - I Think I'm Cured

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Well, here I am, still at my sister-in-law's in Georgia. I had to gosporting goods store & pawn shop prowling today just to get out of this house full of women.
Well if your not going to weaken, your just going to have to go back to the house full of women and try to get a word in edge-wise. Good luck in that. Or you could just buy a can of BH, find a shooting place near where your sister-in-law lives and go shoot as a guest---and find our if your wanna change your BP Sub way. I know you didn't leave all your rifles behind.
Chap

PS. 100 yards, with Omega 100g of BH, 300g Boarnes MZ.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Well there's sufferin' and there's other kinds of sufferin'. Having more time than money I'd happily clean my gun and use the spare $20 against some Makers Mark.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you can not take it with you, so somebody else will spend it if you don't. Lee
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

I think he did the right thing, heaven is not for everyone; some people enjoy suffering. Lee
LMAO..... not everyone can enter the promise land

Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

As I tell my relatives.. don't worry about me and all my stuff as when I pass away, the last check Iwrite, will bounce for insufficient funds.

Semisane will now be haunted by the BlackHorn 209 powder ghost. He will not be able to sleep at Knight ( ) knowing he had a chance to try this excellent powder and passed it up for a drink of scotch. Oh the nightmares, he will suffer. I am sure the Visions, will be no Triumph for him.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Spike

"I Think I'm Cured"

That is just the scotch talking!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really don't think it gives the advantage to some people it does to others; sabot loader has good results with 777 and no crud ring, he likes to shot knights and Remington's any way, it really does work much better in a good closed breach action; I can get it to shoot in my System One but I don't like the blow back. I am hoping that they will come out with a laminated stock stainless steel Triumph if they do I will sell the System One abd the Omega and get the new Triumph and have two Triumphs if they don't I will get the Endeavor in a year or two.
Besides it is already hard to get and the less people using it the more likely it is the rest of us will be able to get what we need. Lee
Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I'm back home in River Ridge, LA now, and that canister of BH is safely over 500 miles away. Better yet, I stillhave most of the bottle ofScotch leftand am enjoying a bit of it right now.

Hey Cayugad, I guess I'll remain a Renegade for a little while longer and keep feeding my Mustangthat dirty old black stuff.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Boy I'm glad I don't shoot them new fangled inlines. I don't have to worry about paying $30+ for a canister of powder. I'll stick with good ol Goex and occasionally some Pyrodex P or RS.

Its bad enough you guys got me shooting saboted bullets out of some of my traditionals.

Quick Reply: Blackhorn Fever - I Think I'm Cured

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.