Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 TC omega- want my barrel coated >

TC omega- want my barrel coated

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC omega- want my barrel coated

Old 09-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Spike

Default TC omega- want my barrel coated

Long time reader , first time poster...

I am wanting to have mh barrel weather proofed, I have a blued barrel and do not really want to paint it. I was thinking powder coating, durabond etc.

Any suggestions???
Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 PM

Default RE: TC omega- want my barrel coated

Outside can look like chit, but the inside of the bore is the most important part to take care of.

Theres a place that does the coating you are wanting but is it worth $175 to do?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Black Ice for the outside would do nicely. Lee at Black Ice is a nice feller. http://www.blackicecoatings.com/
Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
Spike

link does not work....
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.blackicecoatings.com/
Old 09-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Spike

thats the stuff right there, $75 seems to be fair price also. Flatland have you had this done on any of your guns??? it looks real nice and the camo is pretty sweet also. THANKS for the referral.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robbie has had several done by Lee. I don't know what the heck was up with that link that was there. I put nothing different than what is there now and it took me to a Homestead site?? ??
Old 09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have had a bunch of stuff done by LEE at BLACK ICE COATINGS. great person to deal withand cleanup is a breeze. if your handy with a air brush you can get a 2 part gun coating called duracoat but a basic kit is 50$ and a good amount of prep work.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Spike

I am not afraid of a little prep work.... I will look at this option also. Maybe I will have enough to do a couple of my barrels....... I really like the black / blued look, but am really wanting the ease of maintenance. THANKS to all for the options...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like the black ice teflon on my black powder guns. ive tried on some rifles and shotguns the duracoat in matte black and it looks awesome and is easy to use.if you do use the duracoat take your time and prep is the key.make sure you sand blast and use a compressor instead of the air in the can. also get a good airbrush if you plan to do a couple guns. http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

Quick Reply: TC omega- want my barrel coated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.