HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   coming home from work (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/260591-coming-home-work.html)

corey012778 08-30-2008 10:40 PM

coming home from work

I was coming home from work, a car hit a doe. I almost hit it myself. broke both back legs. did not damage the dodge neon and the driver was ok.

me and a fireman waited from the state troop. doe suffered maybe 10mins. turned to me and fireman a number of time. looked at us like she was wanting us to end her suffering.

funny thing was. if one of us stepped away she would try to run into the road. if we stayed close she would just lay there.

I brought her home. going to dispose of the body in the morning.

what a sad thing to see.

frontier gander 08-30-2008 10:48 PM

RE: coming home from work

yeah that does suck.

You throwin good tender meat away? [:@] lol

corey012778 08-30-2008 10:54 PM

I said dispose. did not say how;)

frontier gander 08-30-2008 10:56 PM

LOL scavenger!

I am going to make that your new name on my forum lol.

corey012778 08-30-2008 11:01 PM

sheesh,

frontier gander 08-30-2008 11:10 PM

you may be an Non typical on this forum but on mine, you are a Scavenger!:D:D:D I just set ya up with the ranking.

corey012778 08-30-2008 11:16 PM

I am that at the range. I still got a bunch of lead that I need to work on from there.

may get some more next time out.

Indiana SmokePole 08-31-2008 06:43 AM

Corey

I hate to see deer killed that way , but heck ya eat that ol girl :)

johnny2 08-31-2008 07:19 AM

ya saved powder and lead - right

I just ground up 6 hind quarters here...Now thats
a lot of burger...Not to fond of steaks any more...
4 tags left and the season isn't open yet...

cayugad 08-31-2008 08:56 AM

Corey ... good for you. I commend you for your actions. Its a good thing not to let an animal go to waste. Although I never could understand the rule that as the animal lay there suffering, you were not allowed to put the thing out of its pain. Its the same way in Wisconsin.

I never turned down a good car/deer accident animal. Many manyyears ago when I was first married, like all new couples we had a new home, new cars, and small paychecks.. I went out and picked up any local car/deer that no one wanted. I filled the freezer that year with venion I recovered & hunted. I did all the work, skinned (sold the hides), butchered, and consumed. We kind of laughed because we ate venison steaks, and roasts along with lots of hamburger dishes all year and it was excellent meat.

coryj 08-31-2008 09:17 AM

A doe was hit in front of my parent's house when I was in high school. The two township cops who responded argued over who was going to put it down, apparently neither wanted to clean their service weapon. I went in the house and got my .22 so the deer wouldn't suffer any longer and let one of the copsfinish it off. The whole time the two cops argued, the deer was laying there all busted up. I have my ccw permit and won't let a deer suffer like that ever again.

It was sad, here were two cops that probably only shot twice a year for the semi annual qualifications.

gearheart 08-31-2008 10:24 AM

What kills me is to see all that venison left laying on the side of the interstate in Michigan between Port Huron and Flint.Is it part of the coyote management program to get them run over too?

HuntAway 08-31-2008 02:35 PM

I'm not above roadkill either. What pisses me off is when someone say's they are going to take it and when you come by the next day it's still laying there rotten!!!![:@]

That meat could have fed a family instead of the ravens, skunks, coons and yotes!

corey012778 08-31-2008 04:32 PM

just wish I had one of my hunting knives with me. it would of been faster the waiting 10mins for the trooper.

still had to waste the meat [:@]:(

the intestines where gone. it was a total mess

HuntAway 08-31-2008 06:08 PM

I keep a folding Buck in the glove box for just such emergencies.

corey012778 08-31-2008 06:17 PM

going to start doing that.