Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new cva

Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Default RE: new cva

lonewolf, i'll be joining you in finding an accurate load. Just picked up an Optima, nickel/camo a couple days ago.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new cva

I shot it to day with iron sights 50 yards from the bench I did not use the pellets but my own loose triple 777 and it seem no matter what I used as far a bullets they all group excellent.I did run into the grud ring thing which I do not have in my other inline due to using number #11 caps compared to 209 primers.i also found using 44 cal. bullets in thinner sabot make loading a lot easy compare to the larger 45 cal. bullet/sabot
The buffalo SSB 375 did load the best,I was just interested in seeing if the fiber optic sight were on at 50 yards next time out it will have a 1.5x5 scope on it otherwise no misfires for me the gun is a little to heavy comparing it to my thunderhawk.