Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 The search continues >

The search continues

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The search continues

Old 08-23-2008, 06:33 AM

Default RE: The search continues

I am not having any luck finding BH209 around Baltimore, Md. either. I have called every sporting goods store in a 50 mile radius. BPS had 2 jugs which sold quickly and they don't know if/when they will get anymore. Smaller sporting goods stores either don't carry it or have never heard of it.

I am also having a heck of a time finding Pyrodex 50/30 pellets. I asked a guy in a small sport shop that used to carry them why they are so hard to find this year and he said "everyone is shooting 50's". That's a retarded answer considering he then tells me he has T7 in 30 grain pellets. Had another shop tell me that Pyrodex and T7 are made by the same company so they should be the same.

I'm with you Sax about the hazmat fee from Midway. Basically paying twice as much. What I don't understand about the hazmat fee is I can buy substitute BP pellets from Midway without any additional fee. Explain that one.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Spike

sax BUY 2 OR THREE!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Well I am lucky as the Bass Pro and Sportsmans Warehouse both stock BH209. Bass Pro is quite a bit more expensive about $34 where as Sportsmans Warehouse is $29.95. Cabelas is too far to go check. Not sure Bass Pro price is standard but if so I would look for Sportsmans Warehouse instead.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I actually put my hands on the BH 209 yesterday
But They would not ley me buy it without buying an out of state hunting license.
STUPID
I asked a resident that I met at the gig If he would buy me some and give it to the guys to bring back,we will see
Old 08-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Spike

sax
you got my ####s just let me know
we ll avoid the blogo ridiculis licence crap
Old 08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: saxman1

Well I actually put my hands on the BH 209 yesterday
But They would not ley me buy it without buying an out of state hunting license.
STUPID

I asked a resident that I met at the gig If he would buy me some and give it to the guys to bring back,we will see
That is the wierdest thing I've ever heard of[&:][]

Bet you could buy a case of 30.06 cartridges with out so much as a raised eyebrow
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't NJ & NY have special permits for buying ammo??? this is just another way to mess with us and our guns. Little by little the anti's will give us hell and keep it up till they win or we give up.And I guess you know when we will give up.