Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 blown scope, lead sled to blame? >

blown scope, lead sled to blame?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

blown scope, lead sled to blame?

Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blown scope, lead sled to blame?

Sax,,,,I see you're shooting a Mossy 835. No WONDER you have a flinch....
Old 08-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It does POP you pretty good
I call it the "land cannon"
I am not afraid of recoil the 835 should prove that.
I am just looking at different way of becoming a better shooter/hunter
I always pratice from many shooting positions regardless of the weapon I'm shooting before hunting.
I am taking advantage of new technology and finding my own way and I glean a little knowldge from every post I read

Congrats to you sir on your Muzzleloading cum laude award on the MM forum if that is you

Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its obvious you didn't read all my post or it didn't sink in: Here is the copy/paste of my previous post.
I can honestly say that the statement that shooting off the bench gives you a different POI than field positions. But the bench serves the purposefor load development, getting the 'feel' of your equipment, and significantly reducing the human factor. But once you load is established, field position shooting practice is great and beneficial.

Now you are arguing with me even when I am agreeing with you....!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Sax,,,yeah,,,that's me...

And no,,,Bronco,,,,,I'm not argueing with you. Don't EVEN go there with your " Its obvious you didn't read all my post or it didn't sink in" crap.

Seems like you're the only one guilty of that scenerio here lately. I read your post,,,,and agree with it for the most part.

You just didn't give anybody a chance to respond to your advice. [8D]
Old 08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Its obvious you didn't read all my post or it didn't sink in: Here is the copy/paste of my previous post.
I can honestly say that the statement that shooting off the bench gives you a different POI than field positions. But the bench serves the purposefor load development, getting the 'feel' of your equipment, and significantly reducing the human factor. But once you load is established, field position shooting practice is great and beneficial.

Now you are arguing with me even when I am agreeing with you....!
I dont know who you are responding to.
I am certainly not arguing with you.I have read your posts and the info is appreciated and well received.
I am learning from all of you.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

It wasn't either of you guys Sax or Bat.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:25 PM

I know it was me....

And, it's still rather mundane that the simple nuances of a conversation in english escape you so frequently...

One can so easily avoid the scope/stock wrecking ability of a lead sled by simply learning to shoot without one, that's so easily a Fact.

Coddling someone's sense with that "it's okay if you want to" jive is only leading folks down the path towards eventual damage to their equipment. If that escapes you as well, it's not my fault.......
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a bonehead - I guess if it isn't his way - its wrong. Its no sense trying to talk with this person around.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys should both nip this stuff in the bud, per my hero.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

I know it was me....

And, it's still rather mundane that the simple nuances of a conversation in english escape you so frequently...

One can so easily avoid the scope/stock wrecking ability of a lead sled by simply learning to shoot without one, that's so easily a Fact.

Coddling someone's sense with that "it's okay if you want to" jive is only leading folks down the path towards eventual damage to their equipment. If that escapes you as well, it's not my fault.......
I hear what you are saying and can appreciate it.
I bought one but have not used it yet,I do not want to hurt my equipment that is why I have been so interested in this thread.When I do use it I dont think I am going to put ANY weight on it and just use it as a real nice rest. If I feel it is not what I need it will go back to the store for sure.
Thanks for your input,I learn from all of you.

Quick Reply: blown scope, lead sled to blame?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.