Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Hornady

Old 08-10-2008, 12:09 PM

Default RE: Hornady

Well, you have seen my forums new banner right?
Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Underclocked
I think he must have a double vested interest, I did not say they would not do anything, only that when you load them right they wii blow up a coyote, and I did that. Lee
Old 08-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Are you SURE you don't have a vested interest? Othewise, you might consider a 12-step program.
12 stepmight be7 0r 8steps shy of enough

Not sure why anyones ass is being mentioned - or that I really want to know.

Steve
Old 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Seems someone is kinda touchy about powerbelts,I am sure there is a place for them,somewhere, sometime, maybe.
RC
Old 08-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The great thing about freedom is being able to choose what you want to use.
I'm sure any bullett on the market when properly loaded and charged will kill whatever it is shot at.
Don't like Powerbelts? don't shoot them or knock the folks who do.
I killed two deer in Alabama last season that had no complaint's about the powerbelt that dropped them where they stood.
Sometimes I think little digs are made just to start things.
Please feel free to shoot the projectile of your choice,I would love to see the testing reports and pictures and the kill shots and will be the first to congradulate you.

Scott
Powerbelt forum Moderator and field tester.
I also shoot Shock Waves,Hornady's and many others.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well yeah. If you can't pick on gander, who can you pick on?

(Anyway, if you're going to shoot PBs, read his stuff and follow his suggestions. I thinkhe's got it right - but don't tell him I said so.)
Old 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or its a reaction to constantly being told they are the best thing since sliced bread (regardless of what is being discussed), when in fact they have a very narrow range of acceptable proformance and have a well documented history of failure when strict guidlines are not followed.
And you pay a premium for all that.
JMO
Steve
Old 08-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Posting my shooting days isnt telling you to shoot them, thats just me and my shooting day

BUT!

Just remember that when i got the mighty .54 mountain rifle out there, its still shooting powerbelt lead
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: MoNoFletch

Well, I ended up buying the Hornady SST Easy Load 300 gr. and Powerbelt Platnum 300 gr. I hope one will fly good enough for 100 yards out of my KRB.

My goto load is hornady xtp 300g mag with 90g of loose 777. I am zeroed at 00 yards and it will group well.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

My ass!

FG, He didn't call your mother a name or you a name, you have too much emotional investment in PB.
There is no 12 program forML shooters yet, butwe could start a chapter in Meeker Co . Not all believe you should shoot bullet in an inline at 1200-1400 fps with 80g of 777, just like not everyone believes they should shoot STRONG bullet, which is what I believe and preach every chance I get.
Not everyone has been on the forum and seen your PB results and pancakes either, us regulars have, but not the newbys.
Chap

Quick Reply: Hornady

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.