Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 home made hunting blind idea >

home made hunting blind idea

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

home made hunting blind idea

Old 08-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: home made hunting blind idea

i thought the same thing good idea
But like rhody hunter said pvc not cheap now a days.
I am remodeling my house and trust me it is high right now. i would think you could build the frame with about 50 to 75 dollars worth of pvc then 20 or 30 of pvc. right there your up to 100 bucks a 100 bucks buy a nice pop up blind.
I could see doing ti to leave in a area but with the light weight of the pvc you could move it easy enough in one peice.
One idea i had though not portable. was some 1/4 inch osb/plywoodtake some 2x4 sink them in the ground and nail the osb to the 2bys.
There your talking 4 2x4s three piece of osb for three side $6 right now a sheet for the osb 2.22 for each 2x4. so for 30 bucks you got a 8x8 ground blind.
ORIGINAL: corey012778

thinking of building an portable hunting blind.

pvc pipes are my first choice to place the outer material.

burlap for the cover.

the pvc should make it light enough to be carried by one person. pvc joints make it able to be taken down. pvc would let me add on to it, if I want to make it larger to fit more people.

use an old camp chair bag to carry it.
still gotta do some price checking to see if it does save some money. wally world has a pop up for $40.

what ya think?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why should the Chinese thing be a bother? Have you bought a pair of shoes lattly? Where were they made? How about a box of nails or wood screws? Where were the toys you bought for your children or grand children made? Where dose the stuff in your pets food come from?
Don't you shop at Wal Mart like millions of other red blooded Americans?
Haven't you heard it isn't fashonable to read the label and by American or Canadain?
America has laws about industrys spewing crap in the air we breath, the water we drink too. American also has stupid laws that won't allow 8 year olds to get a job to help with the familys food buying ability.
So why wouldyou want tobuy some thing made in a Country like America. Hey we are even sending repusentives to China for the olympics despite the air quailty and what is in the water and their human rights issues.

I built this 4'x4'x 7,8 blind for less than $5.00 although not real portable set up this way.
I got the scrap wood free where they were tearing down an old barn. I bought nails and lag bolts to assemble it at home then take it apart by sections to transport and set it up atmy deer camp. The post I cut from my cedar swamp. The glass for the windows came from a hunting partners old grarage door he was replaceing. The shingles were from a few broken bundles at a lumber yard for free too. I had enough stuff to build two of them.

Al
Old 08-03-2008, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: alleyyooper

Why should the Chinese thing be a bother? Have you bought a pair of shoes lattly? Where were they made? How about a box of nails or wood screws? Where were the toys you bought for your children or grand children made? Where dose the stuff in your pets food come from?
Don't you shop at Wal Mart like millions of other red blooded Americans?
Haven't you heard it isn't fashonable to read the label and by American or Canadain?
America has laws about industrys spewing crap in the air we breath, the water we drink too. American also has stupid laws that won't allow 8 year olds to get a job to help with the familys food buying ability.
So why wouldyou want tobuy some thing made in a Country like America. Hey we are even sending repusentives to China for the olympics despite the air quailty and what is in the water and their human rights issues.
Musta touched a nerve.............
Old 08-03-2008, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

yep wally world makes a good affordable blind. I dont hunt an area where i can use one but still, it would be nice to have if you can use it in your area!
Chinawomenand kidsmake the blind, Wally World makes the money on it..............
My grand father worked in the PA coal mines when he was 7 years old to help support the family. Who ever makes the product and does a good job, Thank You to who ever you are!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i bet he does not know his computer is from china his shoes properly his clothes.

yep wally world makes a good affordable blind. I dont hunt an area where i can use one but still, it would be nice to have if you can use it in your area!
Chinawomenand kidsmake the blind, Wally World makes the money on it..............
My grand father worked in the PA coal mines when he was 7 years old to help support the family. Who ever makes the product and does a good job, Thank You to who ever you are!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Double Bull blinds. I hated to pay for them, but they really are great. This is my fifth year using the blind's. I leave them up all year, or at least all season(Bow then rifle then MZ). They still look like new.

However the one I like best is made of T-111 Siding and Owens-Corning shingles. I will have to take a picture of that one. Tom.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:10 AM

Equating the present to The Great Depression is hardly logical on many levels, and if you can't feed your familytoday without forcing your kids to "help" then you've no business having kids in the first place...

If foreign child labor goods horn you up that's your business, but don't expect everyone to march lock step in your warm and fuzzy.........
Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 AM

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

ya i bet he does not know his computer is from china his shoes properly his clothes.
Since you are a true blue american patriot, there'sno doubt we can count on your Obama vote then, right?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

when did a simple thread become a political.

as for walmart, some of us are on tight budgets or there are not that much other choice.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like Da`Fitesastartin! It's a world economy and becoming more so every day.In one generation the internet will change everything.

Quick Reply: home made hunting blind idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.