Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Muzzleloader scope >

Muzzleloader scope

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloader scope

Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Muzzleloader scope

My .50 Encore had a 4X Simmons that had been on a couple other muzzleloaders. That was a good scope: Unfortunatly, it went bad. The gun now wears a Burris Short Mag scope in 4X.TheBurris Short Magis a durable scope and is made in the USA.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you look on ebay you can get a New Nikon Omega 3x9-40mm with the Duplex reticle for $170 delivered. I just bought 2 of them.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: formula1

I now have a Leupold VX1 3x9x40mm on my Encore. Before that, I had a fixed 2.5x Bushnell. Both work very well!
That's nice and I hope it keeps giving you good service. But the scope companies don't make different scope for shotguns/ML/centerfire/rimfire rifles just because they think we don'tknowany better andwill make more money milking us.
It's because these different guns have different vibration/harmonics and will have varying effects on the different scopes. The special scopes for BP or shotguns or .22 rimfires are made to stay together under they conditions of each type gun. That was what happened to meand many other folks I haave had talked to on this subject. The first thinkg the tech support asked me was what typeofgun I had thescope mounted to.

I guess once you get burned like I did, you will not go down that road again.