HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Deerstalker is here (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/251621-deerstalker-here.html)

saxman1 07-05-2008 10:48 AM

Deerstalker is here

It arrived Thursday.I've been so busy I havent had time to post.
It is everything the seller claimed,never fired,the bore is in new condition.It is like it just came out of the box.
It came with allot of goodies also.All I need is powder.
NOT A MARK ON IT.
Nice stock also

Thanks again coryJ
You really hooked me up

Sorry,I am no photographer,The pictures dont do it justice

frontier gander 07-05-2008 10:52 AM

RE: Deerstalker is here

wow that stock has some real nice color in it! Great find.

Semisane 07-05-2008 10:56 AM

Man, you got yourself a good deal on a nice one. Waiting for range reports.

saxman1 07-05-2008 10:58 AM

The seller packed it up real good,he did not ask for shipping money but I am going to send it to him anyway.It is a real nice rifle.

cayugad 07-05-2008 11:11 AM

That is a beautiful rifle you got there.. nice wood and it does look mint. That should be an excellent rifle for you. I can't wait to hear your range report for the first time..

smokepolehall 07-05-2008 03:52 PM

saxman, nice looking rock chucker you have

Johnmorris 07-05-2008 04:07 PM

I have one just like it I bought in december mine is 54 cal. I also have another one purchased this week in percussion in 54 cal do I can go double duty. Good luck with your new weapon. One thing get your self some RMC vent hole liners you won't reget it. That is all I use.

TNHagies 07-05-2008 06:52 PM

Man I love that wood grain! Hopefully it shoots as good as it looks.

Mr. Finkelhiemer 07-10-2008 02:50 PM

Saxman,

Nice! I have the RH model. Well, I hope you read my post about English and German flints. Make sure you listen to what these guys are saying. I learned the hardway. I bought a bunch of flints from Track the Wolf and my wife said they were pretty good flints compared to ones at the shop back home. Order the RMC touch hole liner, and stay away from Pioneer powders..[:'(].. I am chuckling about that! My rifle shot okay with PRB's but it liked conicals a little bit better. Although I used 3fff triple seven loose powder, when I get home I will be using Goex. I hope you enjoy shooting this rifle, I loved it. This was my first BP rifle and definitely not my last. Happy shooting!

Justin

coryj 07-10-2008 03:14 PM

Congrats Saxman. I was glad someone on the forum was able to capitalize on that gun, it was a good price and since I'm not left handed.... Oh well. Look forward to seeing a range report in the near future.