Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New muzzleloader.....HELP!! >

New muzzleloader.....HELP!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New muzzleloader.....HELP!!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default New muzzleloader.....HELP!!

I am buying a new ML and I would like some input! Here is what I like so far...tell me the good and the bad!

1) Knight KRB 7 nickle/synthetic

2) CVA Optima Pro Nickle/camo/thumbhole

3) Thompson Omega Z5 blue/synthetic
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM

Default RE: New muzzleloader.....HELP!!

midsouthshooters.com has the new CVA Accura for $288. blue/black. Its based off the TC Triump design but with a better barrel that will do sabots and conicals. Plus a solid stock.

www.budgunshop.com has the CVA Elite ' like the encore that can use a centerfire barrel" For under $300 depending on what you want.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

CVA's website has Optima Pro all camo thumbhole for $277 shipped ($249+ $28 shipping) Also has the Kodiac Pro Laminated Thumbhole for $277+$28 shipping
Old 06-18-2008, 09:26 PM

laminated thole kodiak pro! At that price u cant go wrong.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the Knight, but only because since i bought my KRB, I've become a Knight fan. The accuracy, easy cleaning and reputation for reliability sold me.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I can get the Knight KRB 7 (nickle/synthetic)for $250 new never shot from a local mom and pop is thata good deal?.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

The new Triumph is sort of a super Omega and the best for sabot shooting the White is the best for lead conicals the knight will do every thing except the new non crosive high velocity powder [Black Horn 209] the CVA was good for my business repairing them was a steady source of income till I retired, hopefully the new ones are better. Lee
Old 06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Hmmmmmmm
Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Depending on the kind of hunting situations you encounter, all of them are going to do the job. The Knight and the T/C would be my first choice. Although if shooting the new Blackhorn 209 was not important, then it would be the Knight. I do not own any of the rifles you mention. But I do own rifles from all three companies. The Knight would be my choice. Then get some sabots and some Triple Se7en 2f powder and some good primers. Perhaps some Shockwaves or Parker Ballistic Extremes, or some Barnes Expanders. Those I will guess should shoot very well in the Knight.

I just like the rolling block design the best, and the Omega Z5 has the lower quality stock and that does not impress me. Now if it were one of the regular Omega models, that might be a different story. Also check some of the classified adds, there are good rifles for sale on them.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MoNoFletch

I can get the Knight KRB 7 (nickle/synthetic)for $250 new never shot from a local mom and pop is thata good deal?.
I think you will find the KRB7 is stainless not nickle but the price is definately good. I paid just over $300 for the same rifle shipped to my door. Except for the inability to shoot BH209 until they redesign the breechplug (which will happen) to allow use of the new powder. It is the best of the ones mentioned in my opinion. I do believe the new CVA stuff with the new barrel supplier is a big improvement for that company. My T/C Omega is a great gun but very picky on what can be crammed down the barrel and it really cruds up with Tripple Seven. Maybe BH209 will bring it back out of storage for me as it has been too big a problem to try to shoot with what was available.

Quick Reply: New muzzleloader.....HELP!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.