HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   New Life for an Old Gun Barrel (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/249367-new-life-old-gun-barrel.html)

Semisane 06-14-2008 09:18 PM

RE: New Life for an Old Gun Barrel

It's only the truth Cayugad. Most people don't even know it's OK to own more than one muzzle loader until they read your posts. I think you're some kind of unknown computer virus. :D

I agree with respect to the virtues ofthe Renegade. I find mine to bea very verynice handling gun.

frontier gander 06-14-2008 09:22 PM

there was a good looking .54cal flintlock renegade at the rendezvous. I almost died laughing when he told me $350 for a kit assembled renegade with a pitted bore.

coryj 06-14-2008 09:23 PM

I like to think of Cayugad as an "enabler". I never thought I needed more than one muzzleloader and today I purchased number 5, plus there's an extra g.m. barrel in the mix, call it #6?

Just to keep this on topic, I'm glad to hear that t/c took care of your barrel Sabotloader. I'm more amazed with the stories I hear and am glad to know they'll be there if I have a problem with either of my renegades.

Cory.

alleyyooper 06-15-2008 07:47 AM

I saw a abused Black Diamond for sale for $95.00 as is. I will say I almost didn't tell my friend who was looking for one about it, it was in such sorry shape.
My friend will never tell us just what he did pay for it but it looks like new today.
He bought it then the same day shipped it off to T/C with a copy of the bill of sale and asked if they could repair it for a resonable cost.
They had it a month then sent it back to him just like a new one at no cost other than the shipping to them.

:)Al

gleason.chapman 06-15-2008 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: bronko22000

Great that T/C fixed your barrel. I never owned a Renegade until last year. I always had T/C Hawkins. But I don't know what it is - I blame it all on you guys. I always did like BP shooting and was content with a 50 cal Hawken flinter and 50 cal percussion both with GM LRH barrels. But since joining this forum, I got another 50 cal T/C Hawken flinter, 54 cal Renegade percussion with an additional GM LRH 45 cal barrel, a 50 cal GM Carbine flinter barrel, a lyman GP Hunter, a custom curly maple stock with GM LRH barrel and T/C lock and hardware, bullet moulds, powders, bullets, balls, etc. etc. and who knows what else I got.
But its a blast, and I just enjoy going to the range and having one of my 'old fashion' rifles outshooting some fancy bolt action magnum rifle.

You got the woomon/human conditionsyndrome of getting the newest pair of shoes/gun, it got transfered to you via black smoke!!!! Chap