HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Co. tags (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/248934-co-tags.html)

Redclub 06-10-2008 11:56 AM

Co. tags

I drew a ML Co. bull tag Yippee
Redclub

gleason.chapman 06-10-2008 12:05 PM

RE: Co. tags

ORIGINAL: Redclub

I drew a ML Co. bull tag Yippee
Redclub
I thought this went out on the 20th of june. How did you find out via login to their web site?
Chap Gleason

TNHagies 06-10-2008 12:17 PM

I drew aML cow tag! My first trip out for Elk, gonna be fun.

Side note, my BIL's dad drew a statewide archery bull tag-which from what I understand it not easy to get.

Wingbone 06-10-2008 05:30 PM

My Co. ML bull tag came in the mail today too!

txhunter58 06-10-2008 08:42 PM

Chapman:

They had it on their website that they would post the elk results on the 10th and they had it up this aftenoon.

I also received my elk tag in the mail yesterday. First time I got the tag before they posted the results.

And, in case you missed the "back door method". We all knew last week that we drew and I already know that I drew a deer tag. Here is how: Go to Colorado DOW. Act as if you are applying for a habitat stamp. As you are "applying" about the 3rd page, you scroll down and it has a list of what they have "on file" for you. Mine says I have 2 habitat stamps, an elk application, an elk tag, a deer application, and a deer tag. It doesn't actually say a "tag" but it just says "2008 nonresident antlerless elk" and "2009 nonresident deer". That means I drew an elk and deer license. By the way, you don't have to complete your purchase of a habitat stamp unless you still need to buy one. It is just that 1/2 way through the buying process, it tells you if you drew or not.

In my case, I knew that I had only applied for a muzzy deer tag, no second choice, so that tells me that I drew a buck muzzy tag. However, if you put a second, third choice, you can't tell on that page which you drew.

gleason.chapman 06-11-2008 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

Chapman:

They had it on their website that they would post the elk results on the 10th and they had it up this aftenoon.

I also received my elk tag in the mail yesterday. First time I got the tag before they posted the results.

And, in case you missed the "back door method". We all knew last week that we drew and I already know that I drew a deer tag. Here is how: Go to Colorado DOW. Act as if you are applying for a habitat stamp. As you are "applying" about the 3rd page, you scroll down and it has a list of what they have "on file" for you. Mine says I have 2 habitat stamps, an elk application, an elk tag, a deer application, and a deer tag. It doesn't actually say a "tag" but it just says "2008 nonresident antlerless elk" and "2009 nonresident deer". That means I drew an elk and deer license. By the way, you don't have to complete your purchase of a habitat stamp unless you still need to buy one. It is just that 1/2 way through the buying process, it tells you if you drew or not.

In my case, I knew that I had only applied for a muzzy deer tag, no second choice, so that tells me that I drew a buck muzzy tag. However, if you put a second, third choice, you can't tell on that page which you drew.
Thanks Txhunter58. I looked on the web site and found that I had been drawn but had to pay the Habitat stamp before they would send it to me, so I logged in and paid the $5 and they said it would be mailed in 5-7 business days. Got my plane tickets secured for Oct 10th and return Oct 16. So things are lookin' up. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea that I had to have a Habitat stamp before they would mail my license to me. My buddy who is going with me go his license and I couldn't figure out why he got his and I did not get mine, reason he is 66 and is not required to pay the Habitat stamp. I ordered his license and my license online on the same day. Thanks Chap Gleason

txhunter58 06-11-2008 01:23 PM

chapman: Did you only apply for the tag you wanted, with no second choices? The "backdoor" doesn't tell you which specific tag you drew if you put more than one choice, only that you drew a deer tag.

For example, if you put in for unit 1 as a first choice and unit 2 as a second choice, you still wouldn't know which you drew until you call and confirm or until the frontdoor posting comes out in a few days.

In my case, I knew I drew a muzzy tag because I didn't put a second choice.

Redclub 06-11-2008 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

Side note, my BIL's dad drew a statewide archery bull tag-which from what I understand it not easy to get.
I believe Archery is over the counter for most of the state
Redclub

Redclub 06-11-2008 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

My Co. ML bull tag came in the mail today too!
Wingbone I see you live not far from me, Where are going in Co.
Redclub

TNHagies 06-11-2008 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Redclub

ORIGINAL: TNHagies

I believe Archery is over the counter for most of the state
Redclub
I think that is correct... hmm I must have misunderstood