Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Thought I'd say hi >

Thought I'd say hi

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thought I'd say hi

Old 06-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thought I'd say hi

Howdy y'all. Just thought I'd stop in and say hi. We've been trying to move and all, and it's been about a week since I got to stop in here. There's a lot that can go on in a week.

We were supposed to move last Friday, but the lady that was buying our house backed out three days before we were supposed to move. Spent all weekend trying to resell it, and finally got someone intersted. Found out yesterday evening they were approved for a loan, so it looks like we're back on for moving this weekend again. Got to finish packing today, pick up the U-haul tomorrow morning and get it loaded by tomorrow afternoon, then we're leaving wonderful Douglas, WY at 3 A.M and driving to central MN.WooHoo! It makes for a long drive, especially with a pregnant wife and a screaming baby. Should be fun though.

Anyway, talk to you all in a few days!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thought I'd say hi

Change can be fun and interesting, but DANG, I hate moving. Have only done it five times in my lifetime. Been in the same house since '76 and am not going anywhere (except in the ground one day ).
Old 06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Moving or helping someone move is the one thing that will make me go hide in a hole. I hate moving. And I did my share of it when I was younger. When I retired and decided to move to this property I hadand leave the city behind, I said.. last time. The next time I move, six guys can carry my box and I am just going along for the ride.

Good luck in your moving. Think of it as an adventure. And actually while driving that far with your wonderful family.. I'll bet you that some memories along the way will be made and cherished for years to come.

Oh the memories.. A real cherished one I have was when I helped a girlfriend move from a beautiful place out in the country to a home she had purchased in the city. We were on the last trip andhad her clothes and dogs in her Cadillac heading to the city. Suddenly, this odor from another world exploded in the car. Seems Fido did not like cars and decided to power release on her clothes, and the back of her head,from both ends. Then she got violentlymad at me because I was laughing so hard. I was about crying (from the stench I think I admitted to)and could hardly drive the car.. Oh yes, the memories of that eventful day.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only do short moves, nothing long distance.

As for the six guys and a box isn't going to happen here. Maybe two guys load me up on some gurney and wheel me to the hot box then my daughter is to scatter me to the wind in my favorite cedar swamp.
Only husbands and wives missing their soul mate visit grave sites these days to pay their respects.

Of course around here the theives visit to steal the head stones made of bronze and the urns.

I have been talking about just donateing the body to a university lately though.

Al
Old 06-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to be made into catfish bait.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to be made into catfish bait.
Are we going to start another one of these goofy things?? How about:

- Mounted by a taxidermist and placed on your favorite deer stand.

- Creamated, and have your ashes blown out of your favorite muzzle loader over 80 grains powder.

- Have your bones turned into charcoal and sent to the GOEX plant.

-
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell us about the hunting trip you are going to take with the deposit the first buyergave you. I once had a person try to back out on my mother's house. When I told her I was going to take the $5,000 deposit and go deer hunting in Kansas, she got pissed off. But she did not back out. Tom.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh moving.[:@]Between the years of 0-6.5 I remember living in 4 different houses. From 6.5 -19 I lived in no less than 13 different houses. I joined the army and they had me living in 7 different places in 20 years. I think I have two moves left in me. One when I and the missus retire and the last one will be in a box/ jar or whatever the heck they care to bury me in.

Oh did I mention I hate moving?[:@]

All the best and good luck with your move! Hope it's all smooth sailing for you.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ahh, moving[&:]. I normally get a group of friends and an couple 20 packs of beer (after the move)

be safe. don't hurt anything that maybe useful.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Semisane

Change can be fun and interesting, but DANG, I hate moving. Have only done it five times in my lifetime. Been in the same house since '76 and am not going anywhere (except in the ground one day ).
While spending 26 years in the Air Force I moved 13 times. Thelongest time in any one place, was four years! Since retiring I have lived in thesame house now for 16 years. It is great!!! I have no reason to ever move again unless I have to.

Quick Reply: Thought I'd say hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.