Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 peeps sight for a tc new englander >

peeps sight for a tc new englander

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

peeps sight for a tc new englander

Old 05-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default peeps sight for a tc new englander

I am taking some advise from my father in law. I am looking into getting some peep sight for my new englander. I am having no luck in finding some that fits it. he said I should try ghost rings. I kind like the looks but not the price. I looked in to other but like I said no luck.

any one know where I could find some that will fit on the new englander?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: peeps sight for a tc new englander

That would depend on if you wanted a tang peep or a down the barrel peep. A good place to start would be sending some emails to these different sight companies and ask them what they have that fits the New Englander. Also try Fox Ridge Outfitters. Peep sights can get expensive. Also not everyone likes a peep sight. I used to use them but have kind of moved away from them in favor of 1x scopes.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

corey012778
Not sure if this product would help you Corey, but RMC has "V" peep sight that a lot of people really like.

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Look under Blackpowder Sights - then V peep
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of of the rmc V peep.

I'll start emailing sometime today.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

new englander peep sights come up on ebay all the time. i took mine off because for me it was to restrictive in low light. i say stick with a v sight or just mount a scope to it.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have peep sights on a dozen different rifles. A peep sight will definitely improve your shooting. I do not care for the large "Ghost Ring". It does let in more light . However for a couple of bucks you can buy a "twilight peep" rear aperture. I like this aperture over the "ghost ring".

Go to the Lyman or Williams web site. I am sure you can find what you want. You can also order from them directly(it is more expensive). Also Midway just had a sale on the William's peep sights. Tom.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Lyman 57 SML's on all three of my Renegades. I don't know if the 57 SML will fit the NE, but this is what it looks like on one of mine. Ron

Old 06-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to see if the lyman would work. but I would hate to spend money on something that may or maynot work. time is getting short for to order something.

I was also thinking of maybe making a peepsight out of an sight I already have for it. going have someone how has alot of metal work exp.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Idahoron, where did you get the "see through" barrel you have on that New Englander? Must be real easy to tell when you have a load in it.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Spike

TC's hunter peep is cheaper than the Lyman, but it's harder to adjust. My next peep will bea Lyman for that reason.

Quick Reply: peeps sight for a tc new englander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.