HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   April 21 in Moscow - It is suppose to be spring (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/243274-april-21-moscow-suppose-spring.html)

sabotloader 04-21-2008 01:29 PM

April 21 in Moscow - It is suppose to be spring

Went out turkey hunting again this morning with the thought of coming out of the woods by noon then running over to rock pit and try shooting that other 54 a bit.... I swear it really feels and looks like mid-November out there. There is still 3-4" of snow on the open south slopes and wouldn't you now it snowed a little last night and more this morning while was hunting.

I got out of the woods about 11 as sorta planned the sky had broken up and the sun was shinning - thought it would be a great time to head to the rock pit... Got there (10 miles or so) got everything setup - put the target out to 75 yards - walked back to the truck and it was starting to snow again! - but I convinced myself it would not last long so go for it... it did not get any better...

This is what is was like after my 3rd shot!!! The target is out there at the 75 yard mark in the pit..

cayugad 04-21-2008 02:32 PM

RE: April 21 in Moscow - It is suppose to be spring

I am very glad you are enjoying your spring weather out there.. We have a 68 degree day here, and even though there is snow on the ground at least you do not have to wear a jacket while playing outside... I sure hope that does not come my way, I have had enough snow, and have a lot of wood to split.

Semisane 04-21-2008 02:38 PM

When I was shooting Sunday (in shorts ) I got a little warm and turned on the ceiling fan over the shooting bench. :D

frontier gander 04-21-2008 02:42 PM

Thats better weather than what we are having. Its only 68* with 15-20mph breeze.

dphobby 04-21-2008 03:31 PM

sabotloader, That really sucks !!!!!!!

sabotloader 04-21-2008 03:53 PM

dphobby

Dats xactly whut i wanted to say also.. only stronger...

I am glad nice someplace else - but I am ready for it to be nice here!!!!!

frontier gander 04-21-2008 04:10 PM

Look on the bright side. Your mountains will be full of snow, Your streams will be filled, your grasses will be fuller and greener, Your game animals fatter and yummier. Our mountain range is just filled with snow! I can see the lake rising up already.

cascadedad 04-21-2008 04:23 PM

You get PERFECT simulated elk hunting weather to practice in and you complain!?!? Next it will be too hot and too dry................ Sheeeesh!

corey012778 04-21-2008 04:23 PM

my wife would love to have that. she loves the snow but we only had maybe 2 snow storms this year. lot of rain thou. fields near where I hunt are looking very green and amost up to my knees.

sabotloader 04-21-2008 05:06 PM

cascadedad

Well??? it was to windy in Kennewick last week - wind gets old quick...

I did - I did sneek up on a group of Mule Deer - sure was not expecting that... Thought the were whitetail and that is what is suppose to be there - but they were definitely Mule Deer - especially after I popped a big branch and they began their hop... Did see some elk also but they were clear across Corral Creek...