Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I got some...

Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I got some...

Blackhorn 209 that is. I was out of town from Thursday through part of the weekend and when I checked my email this morning I had notification that I had a bottle on the way. I then found out that it had been delivered on Friday. The problem is that UPS has a habit of delivering packages to one of the doors to my detached garage thatwe seldom ever go through so ifwe don't know it's comingwe don't know to look for it. Luckily I found out about it today and had my son check and there it was. I'm glad it didn't rain or snowover the weekend.

I will be going to the range as soon as I can work it into the schedule and I will post a report soon after on how it does. It may take a week or so but I will get out and shoot it asap.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I got some...

What rifle are you going to try that out of? I wonder if that stuff would shoot out of a White with the open breech design. My understanding is it needs to be in a closed breech. But I could be wrong too.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I got some...

Dave,
Based on what the company info says it's the BP that needs to be a closed design. The BP's with the 209 completely surrounded as opposed to the ones that have a slot like the older CVA BP's or similar. Plugs that are designed to have blowback are the type that are not recommended. The online info shows the BP designs that are recommended.

http://www.blackhorn209.com/pdf/brochure.pdf

I plan on trying it out in all of my inlines. I have a CVA Magbolt (need to use the newer plug), my son's Optima and my other son"s Apex, and I plan on trying it in my White with the Musket cap BP since I don't have a 209 BP for it yet.