Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 The desire to shoot!! >

The desire to shoot!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The desire to shoot!!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The desire to shoot!!

cayugad

Dang Dave, that is a really nice looking setup... and we know it already shoots... Even UC would like that setup...
Old 04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Dave-cant wait to here howit does out to 100yds.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Tenmilephenom

Nice Dave-cant wait to here howit does out to 100yds.
Well the snow should be gone by the end ofMay (I hope).
Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM

Grandchildren come in handy on those long, deep snowy walks

Hand them the digital cam, show'em how to snap a picture and bring it back to you for viewing.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Grandchildren come in handy on those long, deep snowy walks

Hand them the digital cam, show'em how to snap a picture and bring it back to you for viewing.

that's pretty good. MaybeI could train the old dog to use the camera... but he's worse in the deep snow then I am. I had to lift him out of a few drifts today.. poor old thing.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave, please let that scope wear protection.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

Sure appreciate the picture Dave; Temperature today was 98 degrees F. Not a record but close. I do miss the snow from time to time.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Underclocked

Dave, please let that scope wear protection.

In all seriousness.. what do you suggest? I do have a scope cover, but I tried that hose stuff and it kept blowing them off.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Dave
I see winter still has a good grip on your area Most of our snow is gone or going suppose to be 62 here to day. I hope it is gone for good I am ready for spring. By the way real nice weapon.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

That last blast of winter over the weekend of about 14 inches really put the topper on spring. The yard was too soft to plow with the big rig, so I used the snow blower and walked the drive way out to the road, had to shovel a little to turn the old ford work truck around in the yard, and then threw it in four low andjust went out!!! The snow plow up up a pretty good wall from the road scrape, and I had to bust through that, but at least I had a vehicle I could get out of the yard with. The fancy Silverado was still in the garage all safe and snug. So I had nothing to do Sunday morning and got out the snow shovel and shoveled the garage out enough so if I wanted to drive the new truck I could get that out as well...

Tody is warm enough, but WINDY!!!!! So I will do a few things in town this morning and see if the wind dies down for an afternoon shoot. If not, we will probably shoot anyway. All I want to do today is sight in the Bushnell Elite 3200 scope. I was playing with the firefly feature last night.. pretty cool. I hit it with a flashlight and those cross hairs glow a nice pale green for a long time. It was too dark to see in the woods when I finally thought of it, but those cross hairs stuck out like a sore thumb. I want to shoot this rifle and scope and if I like it enough, for the price I will get another scope and some ringsto have around the house...

Quick Reply: The desire to shoot!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.