Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Tips on organizing content from this forum and ML supply places >

Tips on organizing content from this forum and ML supply places

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Tips on organizing content from this forum and ML supply places

Old 03-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tips on organizing content from this forum and ML supply places

Here are some tips on Organizing your computer for better hunting:

1. Once you figure out what is what at MidwayUSA, Midsouth, Cabelas make yourself a wish list on each site and keep all the bullets and sabots on the wish list for the site. You will of course need to create a user ID for the site, usually your email address.Use the same PW at each site.

When you want to order, you login and go to your wish list, click on the item and then click "Add to Shopping Cart", in that way your items are aways online and you never have to figure out again which sabot is which. Do NOT order the sabots/item from your wish list by clicking "Add to Cart", since this then takesthe itemoff your Wish List, always go to the product page and "Add to cart".

2. Another Idea that has helped me, when I see something on this forum or onanother Forumwhich I want to save, I print it to a PDF filewith
www.cutepdf.com, which is afree PDF writer. I also create a Windows ShortCut to the URL. For example 6 months from now you might not remember that the "High Pressure Sabot" at Midsouth was an MMP12, because it doesn't say so on the product description. However if you do the following you will:

Create a folder called Hunting
create a subfolder called "Sabots"
With Windows Explorer go into the Sabots folder
Create a shortcut (File | New | Shortcut)
For the URL put in the Midsouth for the MMP12, which is
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0021150045HPH
for the Label put in "MMP12 Sabot from MidSouth"
Click finish

3. One other little tip, go to
www.tinyURL.com and drop in the
URL above this creates a "tiny URL" which doesn't span over 2, 3 or 4 lines and creates problems on this forum and others by being too long(the one above is too long and when you click on the long one, it does NOT go to the right page because the sku=... is cut off). For example click on this:

http://tinyurl.com/2zxhdt

it will take you to the MidSoth MMP12 product page. Much better with the "tiny URL".

4. Note some of you create "Favorites in Internet Explorer" to try to do the same thing, the problem withFavorites is that Internet Explorer favorites can only keep URLs, whereas a folder can keep URLs, PDFs and tips associated with the topic your interested in keeping like "Sabots", all organized by subdirectory.

5. Try this little exercie and print this article to PDF and saving it in a Folder called Hunting. See below as an example.

Those are my tips on how to keep your Hunting info organized.

Best Wishes Chap

PS. He has Risen Indeed!!! Be Blessed in Christ.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tips on organizing content from this forum and ML supply places

Good tips, Chap. I especially like the cutepdf tip. I've never done that before, but it sure will be handy for saving posts that I want without having to search forever to find them.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:16 AM

Very good info. That is exactly what I need to do. Thanks Chap
Old 03-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Chap, when you use cutepdf to save a forum post, what happens if there's a picture in the post? Does it save the picture?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Semisane, I justtriedit and it printed the five pictures of targets on my document nicely.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rafsob

Hey Semisane, I justtriedit and it printed the five pictures of targets on my document nicely.
Yes, amen, we can teach old huntin' dogs new tricks, :-> see below, the pictures are there in the PDF and the PDF is a single file. Chap

Old 03-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is another tip. Did you ever want to print a whole HuntingNet thread that spans 3 or 4 pages into 1 PDF? There is a way to do that with PrimoPDF, http://www.primopdf.com/. Download it and install it.

To use it do the following:
1. Then go to the multi page thread you want to print, choose the first page and open it
2. Hit File | Print and choose "PrimoPDF" as your printer.Use the default file name which is http.pdf (you can change that.)
3. Then click on Page 2 of your thread
4. and print it using the PrimoPDF printer, but change the Options to "Append" in the PrimoPDF "Options" button, see below.
5. You will get a pop-up saying "Append to this file?" Choose "OK". And you now have both pages of the HuntingNet thread appended into a single PDF. Oh, if works on any number of pages to a thread, not just two.

Chap

Old 03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

6. See the bottom of the thread for an additional TIP.